Light-O-Rama Forums

RGB pixel programming

bobschm

Seems like the editing controls for LOR don't work inside an RGB string.  Is there a way to turn on a single RGB pixel in a chosen color at a chosen intensity for a single time cell?

I've been using the color fade tool with the same color at each end. I suppose I can use Superstar, but that means opening another program and cutting and pasteing the result. Seems cumbersome at best.

Or am I just not getting it. :wacko:

You're doing it right, but I think you are experiencing what I found at the very beginning.  When trying to select just a single time cell, the color fade tool doesn't take effect.   Instead, click on the cell and drag to the right to select more than one cell.   Still holding the button, drag back so only a single cell is selected and let go.  Seems the colorfade tool wants to do more than one time cell..

Hope I understood what you were experiencing and that helps.

dave

You can even click and drag it across 1 single cell and that seems to work for me. I seem to remember that if I am using the color picker and just click a single cell, it auto fills to the end of the row. But by clicking and dragging in the single cell it seems to work.

Yes, clicking and dragging within a single cell should work; you don't have to drag across multiple cells.  You just have to drag.

The reason you have to drag is because clicking (without dragging) is intended to do something else: You can do it on a blank section of an RGB channel, and it will automatically fill in that blank section, doing a fade from the color just before the blank section to the color just after the blank section.

Also, note that if you click and drag backwards, it will do the fade backwards (e.g. "green to red" instead of "red to green").

Here's a

Also, note that if you click and drag backwards, it will do the fade backwards (e.g. "green to red" instead of "red to green").

Thanks Bob, learned a new trick today,  never thought about a reverse drag.

Also if you right click on a Recent Tool you can save it to your Saved Tools, works for storing custom colors.

Edited by scubado

If you have a lot of channels you want to fade from one color  to another (or the same color).

Select the start cell and insert a cell with the color for each of the channels you want ,  then select the end cell and insert cell with a color (same or different than start) for each of the channels.  \

Select the fill tool and click in any cell between the two you just entered and you will get a complete fade from the original cell to the last cell.

If you have a lot of channels (each below the previous), click and drag down or up and all channels will fill (or fade ).  This is a VERY fast way to fade a lot of channels at a time.

All good hints. But what about intensity? It should be simple to run a brightly lit batch of pixels up a dimly lit string, right?