Light-O-Rama Forums

CTB16D DIY ERROR MESSAGE

Mark Belgen

I just completed a CTB16D board, powered up fine, connected to my computer (red light stopped flashing), but when I click the "Refresh" button in the Hardware menu, the CTB16D is listed as "01-Unknown Device ???" :{

My other CTB16D's that LOR built give me a firmware version with the ID#.

I have already gone through the reset process.

The Hardware Utility (1.5.5) establishes a communication link and actuates the lights just fine. The other CTB16D's that LOR built give me a firmware version with the ID#. And yes, all of the resistor networks are installed properly.

Does anyone have any idea of how to correct this?

I just assembled 4 CTB16PC controllers and when I test them I get the same thing.

Does this mean I need to upgrade the firmware? I just received them from LOR.

03(unknown device??02)
04(unknown device??02)
05(unknown device??02)
06(unknown device??02)

I already have 2 controllers from last year is why these are 3,4,5,and 6.

Dan addressed sometime ago, shortly after the new kits were released, I think. I haven't looked for the thread yet, but I believe the answer was that the hardware utility needed to be upgraded. I think it is because these boards were not around when the hardware utility was programmed. He said that the boards will work fine, it is just that the hardware utility does not know what to call them. Someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think that was the answer in a nutshell.

Bret LeFevre wrote:

I just assembled 4 CTB16PC controllers and when I test them I get the same thing.

Does this mean I need to upgrade the firmware? I just received them from LOR.

03(unknown device??02)
04(unknown device??02)
05(unknown device??02)
06(unknown device??02)

I already have 2 controllers from last year is why these are 3,4,5,and 6.

Denny is right.

I just got an email from Brian @ LOR that it is because my Hardware Program (v 1.5.5) is not current.:?

Just upgraded it to ver. 1.6.1 and it now sees the PCBA with the firmware version.

I just read through the instructions that came with the DIY PCBA and it does say to ensure that you have the latest version Hardware Program installed.:shock: Ooops. When all else fails, read the instructions!

I just want to take a moment to say that the quality of the PCBA, the documentation and the PCBA performance have been nothing but fantastic.:)

My only recommendation for LOR is maybe to have a troubleshooting tree in the LOR Forum. It would definitely save the LOR people from having to answer emails from people that don't read the instructions, like me (sorry guys),in solving problems that they encounter.:(