Light-O-Rama Forums

Anyone tried this?

John2571

So I am going over the other options besides LOR for programing and was wondering if using a GrandMA would help. I would use lightorama to send DMX signals to the GrandMA to trigger cues/scenes and also Madrix for my pixels. I want to have a entre show each night and not have a song repeat all night so I need the fastest way to program a high number of channels and fixtures fast. Any input is appriciated. I will link the consol for refrence.

Best regards

John

http://www.malighting.com/en/products/control/control/ma-lighting/grandma2-light/120112-grandma2-light.html

I suggested to LOR some time ago that they should rewrite their MIDI interface to support a direct keyboard input, so you could assign a light or prop to a specific key or keys and hit them when you want to have them on. It could be layered so that you could do just a few channels at a time if you wanted to.

Very quick way to program, in my opinion. (never heard back from LOR)

I suggested to LOR some time ago that they should rewrite their MIDI interface to support a direct keyboard input, so you could assign a light or prop to a specific key or keys and hit them when you want to have them on. It could be layered so that you could do just a few channels at a time if you wanted to.

Very quick way to program, in my opinion. (never heard back from LOR)

Since I also have a Midi Keyboard, that would definitely be a big plus!    But it may require too much memory overhead and bloated coding to accomplish and why it hasn't been done.   But I can only surmise.

• The topic was locked