Light-O-Rama Forums

New - lost and seeking help

Para

Sorry about the delay on the sequences I promised you. I sent them a few minutes ago. You should be getting 3 emails with a zip file each. Use them as you wish. There's also some pixel work in them so you can get an idea on that for when you decide to get into that portion of animated lighting.

I like your start on the Vid you posted above. Very nice transitioning and a good use of the first 16 channels you mentioned. You're on your way my friend.

Happy lighting.

Ron

Eight days ago you posted that you didn't know where to start and now look at you go!  You are well on your way my friend and if you think you're hooked now, just wait until you fire up your real show for the first time!   :D  Last year was my first year with LOR and sometime during the Christmas season, I heard some noise outside. When I looked out the window, I saw a woman and three small children dancing in front of my house to the music.  That was the moment that got me....hook, line and sinker.

If you need any help, you know where to find us.  There are a lot of really great, super talented people here that are more than willing to help.

Thank you for your service to this country and best of luck to you......I look forward to seeing some video of your shows later in the year!

Para,

Check my site (listed below). If you see any sequences you would like just let me know and they are yours. Again, hope to make contact with you when we visit Ft Bragg in April.

Dave

Para, Check my site (listed below). If you see any sequences you would like just let me know and they are yours. Again, hope to make contact with you when we visit Ft Bragg in April. Dave

Thank you.

For sure, ill give you a call closer to the time and we can set something up :)

Cant really add more to what the others have already offered.. you were saying abt the lack of 16ch sequences.. you can use a higher channel number seq, just use the portion of it that looks good..  assign those specific channels to the ones you have.. meaning, go into the seq, and edit the unit/channel numbers for the parts of the chase, or fades, or blinkyblinky that you want to use, and set those channel numbers to the unit/number you have..

..so someones unit 12, channels 1-16 becomes your unit 1/ch 1-16, or even just a part of them.. if the borrowed seq ch's 1-6 have an amazing chase, set for your lawn, or bushes, or house outline.. you dont have to use them all.. just assign the parts that you want and leave the rest to "blink" unassigned units

and as others have said, Thank You for your service to our Country!

you were saying abt the lack of 16ch sequences.. you can use a higher channel number seq, just use the portion of it that looks good..  assign those specific channels to the ones you have.. meaning, go into the seq, and edit the unit/channel numbers for the parts of the chase, or fades, or blinkyblinky that you want to use, and set those channel numbers to the unit/number you have..

..so someones unit 12, channels 1-16 becomes your unit 1/ch 1-16, or even just a part of them.. if the borrowed seq ch's 1-6 have an amazing chase, set for your lawn, or bushes, or house outline.. you dont have to use them all.. just assign the parts that you want and leave the rest to "blink" unassigned units

I just worked out (past couple of days) that this was possible and it has opened up so many more options, now i dont feel as restricted to one particular sequence. :). Everyone has been great offering a helping hand with advice and sending sequences.

I have noticed and some what expected it, that there are alot of the same seasonal songs being used, although the sequences are different the songs are generally the same. I was wondering if anyone had a playlist of songs that are out of the norm for a particular season but for some reason seems to work ?

and as others have said, Thank You for your service to our Country!

Thank you, it's my pleasure.

Edited by Para