Light-O-Rama Forums

Media file keeps playing even when SE stopped!

larryk5

Hello all! My name is Larry and i've been lurking around these forums for 2 years. I ran my first show this year and it worked like a charm. I have been able to figure out most things without posting as you can see! Thanks to all on these boards for all the information you have shared!

I'm was running 3.8 advanced and I'm updating some of my sequences for next year. I also just added a Enttec pro compatible dongle from HolidayCoro and it worked like a charm. After a couple of hours of messing with my sequences SE starts acting up. First when I hit stop in SE the editor stops but the song will just keep playing. The only way to stop it is tap that little red "x" in the upper right corner. I also noticed that "control lights" is not checked any more and yes I have a LOR dongle plugged in, in fact I tried 2.

So I then upgraded to 3.9 to see if that helped, it didn't! I even removed the DMX dongle and that didn't help!

Anybody have any idea's?

Thanks,

Larry

Check what com port that dongle is showing up as, and compare against your network settings. I usually have all LOR networks unconfigured on my sequencing machine unless I am specifically testing something.

Thanks for the com port idea! I checked it but they worked fine.

I did fix the problem! My little LOR bulb in the tray was blue and it should have been red! Changed it and all was good.

I was using a XP machine for the longest time so the tray icon was always visible. I'm now using a Win 7 machine and the tray icon is hidden, out of sight out of mind!

Thanks!