Light-O-Rama Forums

ccp can't get a sequence to play

berniebean

just set up a new set of CCP. new to this. i can use the hardware utility to test and everything works.  i shut down the hardware, export a sequence to sequence editor from superstar and try to play it but lights won't work.  i have looked ...play lights is checked, and i can see the sequence running in the channels but no lights.  any ideas?

first do you get a solid red led on the controller when your running the sequence editer? next make sure you unit ids are the same in the sequence and in the controller.

yes, there is a solid red square in the right hand, lower corner and when i hover the mouse over it pops up Comm Port Status: Error.  Now what?  thanks.

Start the Hardware Utility again, it should tell you has a problem with the comm port you originally setup.  Run the auto configure comm port again.  It is important that you plug your adapter into the same usb everytime.  Shutdown the HU and start the sequence editor, you should have a green bulb now.

Good Luck

yes, there is a solid red square in the right hand, lower corner and when i hover the mouse over it pops up Comm Port Status: Error.  Now what?  thanks.

thats not what I meant ,but still good info. I meant to check the ccp controller for a solid led. Ainsworth's suggestion should work

Another thing, I'm sure you did this already and I'm only saying this because this is what I did, make sure your channel config is correct and also make sure under the "Play" tab, that "Control Lights" is checked and stays checked. That's where I went wrong last year.

For mine, I had the CCPS set up on aux a network and my channel config was on regular. Once I got everything matched up, the CCPs did exactly as they were supposed to

thanks for everyone's input. i did get the lights to work. changed the speed!!!  it was at 500 and nothing would happen but, when i changed back to " recommended", ( which i cannot remember off hand what speed that is) everything worked like a charm.  once i start playing with the visualizer i will most likely be back with more questions.  cheers.  B

thanks for everyone's input. i did get the lights to work. changed the speed!!!  it was at 500 and nothing would happen but, when i changed back to " recommended", ( which i cannot remember off hand what speed that is) everything worked like a charm.  once i start playing with the visualizer i will most likely be back with more questions.  cheers.  B

If youre using version 3.9 there's a firmware update on the CCPs and then you can use the 500K. Here's the post that talks about it:http://forums.lightorama.com/index.php?/topic/25223-light-o-rama-version-390-released-plus-bug-fix-releases/

You complete the firmware update through the Hardware Utility

• The topic was locked