Light-O-Rama Forums

Papagayo users please read. Upgrade contributions needed.

ItsMeBobO

Which program are you trying it in?   There are two.   Papagayo and  "Papagayo to LOR".    

Papagayo allows you to open .wav files only and move the words around.    Its output goes into Papagayo to LOR to make a clipboard file which is then pasted into your sequence. 

I thought it was something like that, but haven't taken the time to investigate (always too many irons in the fire). Going to give it a try this weekend....donation was sent this morning. Good luck with this!

Just through in my 2 cents (metaphorically speaking, of course)

Good Luck Bob, and thanks for all your hard work.

Although I haven't actually used Papagayo yet, I hope you get the upgrades done and then I will definitely check it out.

Scott

Wow!  Thanks everyone!   The upgrade fund is only $55 away from the $500 milestone.         

As funny as this sounds,  I am putting a hold on additional donations for a while.  

Rather than trying to divide any leftovers to return to donors a dollar or two, it would be much easier to request additional support if it is needed.   

Thank you so much to all the generous community members!

Sorry I'm late to the party, but I'll be happy to contribute if you find that you need a few more $$$.

Volunteer testers are needed!  

Please contact me via the email in my profile.    Thank you ! 

• 1 month later...

Hi Bob,

I will put my self forward to test it pal, I have moved away from using it and have been sequenceing in the sequence editor as I found it easier that way, but I will give a try and see if it is any easier than the previous version what improvements should I be seeing ?

Si   

Damn just noticed the small print lol email on it's way

Edited by scooby

Put me down also.

I have used the 2 past versions and did many songs last year, some on the HolidayCoro website.

Do you want the comments posted here or through a PM group?

Its been a few months so its time for an update on Papagayo.   

The executive summary is this project is stalled.         

As stated earlier,  I am not a python programmer, so I attempted to engage a paid resource to make fixes.   I was using the website  FreeLancer.com for this and maybe a dozen people inquired.    A lot of time was spent chatting with candidates.  And detailed interviewing three candidates.   All had multiple other engagements and were interested in making a fix, getting paid and being done with it.   I had been hoping to find someone to 'own' the project and make ongoing upgrades as needed for additional compensation.   There were many issues with the Python source code being missing and incomplete which made the programmers concerned.  One guy who I liked wanted to do the project but said it would take too long with his family other projects going on.   Our budget could not afford weeks of his time anyway.  The end of that part of the story is that no one was hired from Freelancer. 

Later  I came across someone who had worked on Papagayo before!  This was very encouraging after a lot of disappointments.   He also had all the source code for the three different versions which are out there.    At first he seemed very interested in working with us.   Now not so much as he has not responded to my recent emails.   I am trying to develop that contact further but it is not looking good at the moment.

The good part of the story is there is a version out there I had not known before about which fixes some of our issues.  It works on longer songs and displays the wave form correctly from begin to end.  The proprietary audio library was replaced by opensource directX which was a very good upgrade.  But this version is lacking basic playing of a word or phrase while animating the mouth so it is unsuitable for us who want to do an entire song at once.   If the features of the two versions could be merged we would have a much better tool. 

The wonderful generous people of this forum have donated $465 which I am holding on to.  It has not been disbursed to anyone.   If there is not a change in a positive direction soon I will correspond with them privately about returning their donations.

Sorry this has not been an uplifting update.   

Thanks for all you are doing on this Bob...as for me and my donation, if possible I would rather you keep the money and perhaps keep trying to find someone who might be able to do the fixes...

• 1 month later...

Tonight I posted a new version of the PapagayoToLOR program.  This fixes a long standing issue with using INI to store settings.   All your settings are now stored in the registry.   New users will not have to change any permissions.   Old users will have all settings copied to the new location.  

AND..  We are again accepting donations to upgrade the Papagayo program. 

• 4 months later...

The papagayo program has been used a LOT this year by Matt and others.   Still seems to be holding up and of course could work a lot better.    Sadly no work has been done on that I know of.  

The source code is stored on google code.    The admin Benjamin has said he could work on Papagayo but I have not heard from him in a long time.    He did not seem too interested in the money we have collected which I am still holding on to.

Matt or some experienced user can post an Issue or enhancement request  here.     This may prompt Ben to work on the issues which I explained in detail in an email to him. 

https://code.google.com/p/papagayo/issues/list

The papagayo program has been used a LOT this year by Matt and others.   Still seems to be holding up and of course could work a lot better.    Sadly no work has been done on that I know of.  

The source code is stored on google code.    The admin Benjamin has said he could work on Papagayo but I have not heard from him in a long time.    He did not seem too interested in the money we have collected which I am still holding on to.

Matt or some experienced user can post an Issue or enhancement request  here.     This may prompt Ben to work on the issues which I explained in detail in an email to him. 

https://code.google.com/p/papagayo/issues/list

frankr wrote the light elf program. This program converts LSP *.msq files into conductor/xlights (*.seq/*.xseq) formatted files. The program is not too useful for LOR users, what is useful is it was all written in Python. Frankr is an expert in Python. Here is the light elf section on falcon Christmas.

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html?PHPSESSID=f1d1c8f3e36df7048f9a3933785ed02e

Frank wants to use papagayo next year to create pgo files for use in xlights. he says he thinks he can fix the current list of issues. Bob, can you post over on falcon Christmas and post the current list of issues/enhancement requests. I can ask Dave Pitts to create a sub forum just for Papagayo. On the LOR forum, we post in the coffee shop, after a few days our posts age off the first few pages.

i cant speak for frank, but i dont think he will require any money to fix papagayo.

I have been experimenting with crazy talk 7 to get animated faces. This program can produce full lip synced animations directly from the wav file. No need to put phonemes down and move them around. unfortunately they dont seem to export their sync info in any file that can be read. so it looks like we will need to use papagayo next year for xlights.

thanks

sean

frankr wrote the light elf program. This program converts LSP *.msq files into conductor/xlights (*.seq/*.xseq) formatted files. The program is not too useful for LOR users, what is useful is it was all written in Python. Frankr is an expert in Python. Here is the light elf section on falcon Christmas.

http://falconchristmas.com/forum/index.php/board,39.0.html?PHPSESSID=f1d1c8f3e36df7048f9a3933785ed02e

Frank wants to use papagayo next year to create pgo files for use in xlights. he says he thinks he can fix the current list of issues. Bob, can you post over on falcon Christmas and post the current list of issues/enhancement requests. I can ask Dave Pitts to create a sub forum just for Papagayo. On the LOR forum, we post in the coffee shop, after a few days our posts age off the first few pages.

i cant speak for frank, but i dont think he will require any money to fix papagayo.

I have been experimenting with crazy talk 7 to get animated faces. This program can produce full lip synced animations directly from the wav file. No need to put phonemes down and move them around. unfortunately they dont seem to export their sync info in any file that can be read. so it looks like we will need to use papagayo next year for xlights.

thanks

sean

This is great news. I have briefly tried the software but it has a high learning curve. I need to give it some more time and see if I can master it or atleast just get by.

I used papagayo exclusively for all my singing faces last year and it worked like a charm once I figured it out. While it does have a bit of a learning curve it is well worth it for singing faces. Having it play nice and or be a part of xlights would be awesome.

I used the light elf program to bring some LSP stuff into LOR this year by first bringing it into xlights from LSP and then xporting from xlights to an LOR clipboard file. While it is a bit exhausting to do a whole entire sequence that way it does allow you to create macros or transitions for certain props or house lines in LSP and use them in LOR. The clipboard files in LOR are a magical thing. Such a shame we cant get all those clipboard tools built into the LOR program itself such as clipboard flipper. Regardless I am very pleased to see more and more applications working well together. The ideal future would be seamless import/exports across all sequencers. Each has there own thing that they do better than all the rest. I cant honestly pick one over the other. I love them all!

Sorry went way off topic there but thanks Sean, Frank, and Bobo!

• The topic was locked