Light-O-Rama Forums

Papagayo users please read. Upgrade contributions needed.

ItsMeBobO

Hey guy and gals who use Papagayo for adding Voice to your sequences.  

I am working on engaging a programmer to fix the problems with this program.    Since I do not program in Python,   I do not want to take on this project myself.  Already overloaded anyway.

For those who are not aware,  the papagayo program is downloaded over 50 times a month.   The videos are watched 250 times a month.     Well over a 1000 views since September. 

This program is in serious need of upgrading but its going to cost $500 to $1000 to pay someone to do it.   Cost is not firm as I dont know all the issues to fix it. 

I have added a paypal Donate button to my download site.    Please consider a donation before the end of March 2013. 

http://itsmebobo.com/SD.html

All the programs on my Download page are FREE to all.  

Thank you Jerry !  

We are way short of sufficient funds to do this!    I know its a quiet time for the forums, but we need to get the word out on this project.   Please pass it around.  Thanks

I will be at both the Tennessee and the Florida Mini's later this month,  I'll press the flesh so to speak at both. If that doesn;t work I'll twist some arms. (hope we don;t have to get the break the some legs stage  :D  ).

Jerry

Unless I'm mistaken, all of Bob's software is free and it works easily with LOR.

Thank you Bob for all your help with yout free software.  Even though I have never used Papagayo I will definitely

contributing some now.

Scott

I have downloaded it a while back and never got the hang of using it, but I still sent a little your way. From others on here it definitely makes singing faces easier.

Thanks Bob for all you do.

Mike

I tried it but couldn't make it work so am doing mine the old way...

HLS does this for free and it is better than papagayo, I thought you did the programming?

That may be true, but I don't think there is a better option if you only sequence in LOR.

I don't use Papagayo, yet, but I use the hell out of your Flipper, so I have no problems helping here.

Thanks for organizing this. I am just starting to take a look at this as I do the Halloween faces and didn't want to purchase any more sequences. I watched your video, but for the life of me have not figured out how to get the program to open an audio file.....OK so now I look stupid :) Help me with this first step and you got yourself a $20 donation!

Which program are you trying it in?   There are two.   Papagayo and  "Papagayo to LOR".    

Papagayo allows you to open .wav files only and move the words around.    Its output goes into Papagayo to LOR to make a clipboard file which is then pasted into your sequence. 

Thanks for organizing this. I am just starting to take a look at this as I do the Halloween faces and didn't want to purchase any more sequences. I watched your video, but for the life of me have not figured out how to get the program to open an audio file.....OK so now I look stupid :) Help me with this first step and you got yourself a $20 donation!
Make sure your audio file is wave ".wav" format then in papagayo go to file on menu bar and select open. Bob I will pitch in $ as well.

Bob  I just donated. thanks for what you do. I wish I had much more to give because it is worth every penny of it.

When I first tried Papagayo I was a bit intimidated and frustrated. but once I got the hang of it, After downloading the Mod file at Bob's site, what a time saver. Bob's videos helped out a lot also. you the man Bob. Thank you....

there are 2 things I would like to see added If you are going to take it that far...

1. a pause feature when playing back a section of audio

2. the ability to place the position bar anywhere in the song and the hit a hot key like the spacebar and it will play from there.(like the LOR play back features) 

then it will be a lot easier to load a complete song at 25fps and line it up in LOR. I'm still finding it more precise to cut the wave file up into smaller waves and do 1 or 2 phrases at a time.

If you don't get enough money to do this..what will happen with the donations you collected?

Contributions are over $250 now.   Thank you all!   This job was put out for bids.  So far the lowest bid to fix the program is $500.   I expect the two will meet in the middle.

Haven't used it yet..perhaps this year..donation sent..big thanks for ALL your software Bob!!!