Light-O-Rama Forums

Is it better?

shfr26

Better or not?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Are the forums better with the admin being more involved?

Orville,

Can you elaborate on this? I am not quite sure what you are trying to say? 

Thanks in advance...

If you can't figure it out from my post or get the point, then I can't help you, nor am I even going to elaborate on that post any further, because it requires no elaboration.  It stated what I meant and that's all I'm going to say on this subject/thread.

If you can't figure it out from my post or get the point, then I can't help you, nor am I even going to elaborate on that post any further, because it requires no elaboration.  It stated what I meant and that's all I'm going to say on this subject/thread.

enjoy the sarcasm from the person that posted that to you.. obviously a joke since you went quite into detail. maybe it has something to do with your above post being #666 :P

Edited by gc75067

enjoy the sarcasm from the person that posted that to you.. obviously a joke since you went quite into detail :)

Just giving the same back. :rolleyes:

Sorry, I am about as sharp as a marble. 

Thanks anyway. 

Pretty harsh...

Pretty harsh...

i think that is true really harsh. This is a perfect example of a simple joke that a person takes wrong and starts to cry.  I have seen much worse examples of replies that deserve to get removed. some folks need to grow up learn how to take a joke or leave and don't come back.

Really what way was this poll suppose to go?  Anti establishment or Pro?  I think its getting better but there is still some work to be done.  There will never be a community of everyone agreeing on every topic.  There wont be unity of all members to help one another.   Some guys got burnt out answering the same questions or at least answering to why they feel they are right and another way cant work.  Instead of just going away or taking a break they troll here.   The agressive work by the admins slowed the needless trolling very well.   Its light guys, lighten up <---- pun intended. 

Let me see if I can explain this,  "poll",  

a sampling or collection of opinions on a subject, taken from either a selected or a random group of persons, as for the purpose of analysis.

So the reason for the poll was just what the definition says.  A poll is not suppose to go in a particular direction, nor is it suppose to prove anything. If more people say it is better, than so be it, if more people say it is worse, so be it.  My idea was to see what people thoughts were.  If Dan and company want to dump this thread, fine with me.  I really do not see why people  have to ask, "What it is going to prove,Which way is it suppose to go, It all depends"".  A poll is a poll and that is it.  I just wondered what members thoughts were on the changes, it was meant to be a simple question. 
   Why do we have a vote for politicians?  What will it prove?  

Maybe it's best if this is thread is just removed and I will move on and forget I even had such a dumb idea as to post a poll.  

Guest Don Gillespie

a sampling or collection of opinions on a subject, taken from either a selected or a random group of persons, as for the purpose of analysis.

So the reason for the poll was just what the definition says.  A poll is not suppose to go in a particular direction, nor is it suppose to prove anything. If more people say it is better, than so be it, if more people say it is worse, so be it.  My idea was to see what people thoughts were.  If Dan and company want to dump this thread, fine with me.  I really do not see why people  have to ask, "What it is going to prove,Which way is it suppose to go, It all depends"".  A poll is a poll and that is it.  I just wondered what members thoughts were on the changes, it was meant to be a simple question. 

Maybe it's best if this is thread is just removed and I will move on and forget I even had such a dumb idea as to post a poll.  

First of all I don't think it was a dumb idea, it clearly shows who has broad shoulders and who doesn't, some people can take criticism better than others the ones that can't seem to cry to admin when something is posted that "offends them", on the topic of answering questions that have been asked a bunch of times, the vets were trying to point out that if you did a search on the topic you could find an answer, what came of this is that search tool on this forum does not work well at all, even Dan admitted to that, was the poll a waste of time no not at all, it has allowed me to add more ignores to already growing ignore list.

May the Mods grant me the serenity to accept the opinions of those I cannot change,

the courage to offer valid input to those who are open to another way of thinking,

and the wisdom to shut myself down whenever I get too in love with my own misconceived brilliance.

I also don't think your poll was a dumb idea and your comparison to political polls is also well taken (LOL)

I think this poll has shown that things can now keep somewhat civil in the LOR forums even though it went a bit pear shaped there for a bit as in the past threads like this would become very vocal with people making personal attacks, but for the most part it has remained civil, so thats an improvement in my mind.

• The topic was locked