Light-O-Rama Forums

new to e1.31

TODD HILL

I have 2 questions.  the first is when I am in lor sequencer the control lights keeps getting uncheck is there something I can do to stop that?

2nd is I have a j1sys ecg-p12r and I am trying to hook it up through my LAN (rest of my network is wireless) I think I have that hooked up right (although I am not 100% sure) the lights turn on.  I have watched a couple of the resent videos and try to do what they said but it does seem to work.  I have changed the network preference to dmx check box e1.31 multi cast but its not working.  Any help would be nice. 

On the first question, in s3 go to edit/preferences/network preferences click on the LOR tab and set port to none. Do that or plug in your 485 dongle.

thanks dougd that worked for the control lights.  but the lights still aren't being contolled.  would it matter if I have the lor program on the D:\ and windows 7 on c:\ drive.?  also is there a test with j1sys when you go online to make sure that is really connected and communicating to my board.

Have you setup the universes both in Lor Network Control Panel as well in the J1 board so they match.  Are you sure you have the channels and universes setup properly in Sequence editor.  As well are you trying to run unicast or multicast.  This was a speed bump for a few of us with the software last year.  

does it matter that they are dumb rgb?  I am also not sure I have the right "string type" label in j1sys. 

I think i have the newtork control panel and j1 board matching but I will have to double check.

mcas4380 i looked at the test pattern link you sent and one of the picture the person showed of the lor newtork preference  under Universe #1 @ protocol it says e1.31 (multicast)-port 5568.  but at the bottom of the picture  the "DMX listner port" says 8837  do those need to match or not?

does it matter that they are dumb rgb?  I am also not sure I have the right "string type" label in j1sys. 

I think i have the newtork control panel and j1 board matching but I will have to double check.

mcas4380 i looked at the test pattern link you sent and one of the picture the person showed of the lor newtork preference  under Universe #1 @ protocol it says e1.31 (multicast)-port 5568.  but at the bottom of the picture  the "DMX listner port" says 8837  do those need to match or not?

You can't use dumb strips with the P12