Light-O-Rama Forums

Vegomatic release 1.5.0 RGB matrix programming tool

ItsMeBobO

Today I have released a major upgrade to Vegomatic RGB matrix tool.  It can be found on my tool page  http://itsmebobo.com/SD.html

This release now allows you to incorporate your matrix, and the virtual strings you create, directly into your SE config file.   Using this method gives you many options to do regular sequencing within SE without using an external tool.  You could do spiral tree chases, rings, waves using the chase tool and copy paste.   Many more complex patterns can be achieved using the Vegomatics sister tool  Marquee (part of clipboard flipper).   Scrolling text,  ani gif extract, and turn any picture into a pan/scan sequence. 

In the next day or two I will be posting a new video on the new config feature.  In the meantime here is a short explanation. 

In Vegomatic you set up your matrix size and orientation.   All arrangements of folds and controller position are supported.  Horizontal,  Vertical  controller on top, bottom, left or right. 

You can generate 'virtual string' patterns like waves and slopes and save then ones you like.   No formulas to enter and wysiwyg all the way. 

After you select your patterns you can export the config to create a new starting point.  Or now you can select an exported config, then when you export the new channels and virtual string tracks are appended.  The VS tracks are where you will do the sequencing for your tree or matrix to get the wave patterns.   

Awesome stuff Bob. Thanks for all you do to make things possible. Can't wait to see what genius things you bring throughout the year!

Awesome stuff Bob. Thanks for all you do to make things possible. Can't wait to see what genius things you bring throughout the year!

+1

• 2 weeks later...

Amazing work Bobo! Thank you again!

While I still need to dig into what all vegomatic can do, the one feature below in this video is amazing...........

WOW.. That was a lot faster.. Strange that you keep crashing.. Thanks again for the video as it really helped me. Need to host it on a server and send out windows media version so I can watch them after downloading later. Thx again..

Jeff

All the tools on the ItsMeBobO.com down load page will be getting a refresh / upgrade in the next month.     The changes started today with Marquee tool now being a stand alone program to download.  The clipboard flipper no longer contains a button for that tool.   Also all in the next month, all software will have the expiration dates moved out to the next year.  They are all being compiled with the next generation Visual Studio 2012 and will require  Dot Net Framework 4.0 Client Profile to run.  Expect more changes in the coming weeks. 

List of changes posted today.    

Marquee

is now stand alone

now remembers settings by the matrix size you are working on

Vegomatic

Allows larger matrix sizes

Supports additional configurations with 'Wrap back' setting.

Clipboard flipper

marquee and transit buttons removed

reoriented the form

All the tools on the ItsMeBobO.com down load page will be getting a refresh / upgrade in the next month.     The changes started today with Marquee tool now being a stand alone program to download.  The clipboard flipper no longer contains a button for that tool.   Also all in the next month, all software will have the expiration dates moved out to the next year.  They are all being compiled with the next generation Visual Studio 2012 and will require  Dot Net Framework 4.0 Client Profile to run.  Expect more changes in the coming weeks. 

List of changes posted today.    

Marquee

is now stand alone

now remembers settings by the matrix size you are working on

Vegomatic

Allows larger matrix sizes

Supports additional configurations with 'Wrap back' setting.

Clipboard flipper

marquee and transit buttons removed

reoriented the form

This is what happens when a programmer is asked if something can happen and takes it almost as a challenge.   This all came about in less than 24 hours over the weekend.  Great work Bob!  Im glad to see Andy on board as well.  Thanks for the break up of Marquee and Clipboard.  This saves only seconds but to those who never used Marquee having to find it first Im sure was a deterent.  All of these tools can save a great deal of time with anyone in pixels.

• 4 weeks later...

Apparently, Bob has a bad reputation. ;)   Norton Antivirus keeps rejecting Vegomatic.exe for a threat labelled WS.Reputation.1.

Not sure what that is about. I suspect it has to do with his frequenting communities like this one. :ph34r:  And the fact that he never paid Microsoft for the priveledge of being a certified developer. :P

If you guys could try a fresh download and verify no problems, I'll overide Norton's objections and try it.

Norton does that.   Sorry its causing you a problem.    The reputation message cant be overcome until you and many other people DL it  and say its ok.    

Ok. I shut off Norton virus scan, downloaded Vegomatic, and then turned Norton back on. It scans clean and runs fine. Thank you Bob.

I was off googling that message and apparently Norton looks at how many times a file has been downloaded to decide if its safe. Of course, "Catch 22" of all this is, your new file version which hasn't been downloaded much cuz it's like ...NEW gets a bad rap immediately, and thus few people will trust downloading it, keeping it on the naughty list til....Christmas, I guess. Whaaa??

It would be nice if the wizards at Symantec had enough brains to be a little less terrifying about it. A gentle "No Virus but we don't know anything about this file or the developer. Should we continue the download?" would have been nice. Instead of the "WARNING...We just saved your life and destroyed the evil infected download!" Sheesh.

The best thing to do when Norton makes the file disappear when that box shows up click View Details then once the page opens up click restore Make sure exclude the risk is checked then click yes.

• 1 month later...

I downloaded Vegomatic 1.5 a few months ago, and I think I did something wrong. The tool bar will not expand all the way. It cuts off some of the controls. I've tried everything I can think off to expand the tool bar, but no luck. I'm running window 7, but in the properties, it's set to be compatible with windows xp service pack 3. I changed it to window 7, but it didn't change anything. Any suggestions?

Thanks

I will pm you to request a screen snap.   One other person has reported this.  It appears to be windows setting.   

Hey ... Jeff city.. I used to live in Jeff right by the state penn.     Do you know about SLAM?  It would be about a 2 hour drive.   http://slam-stlouis.com/

Edited by ItsMeBobO

Hey Itsmebob:

I am wanting to come to the slam, but I don't know at this time if I will be able to make it.

I live on the West side of Jeff City, out past the Mall on old business 50.

I was thinking it might be a setting, but don't know were to look.

Thanks

The latest version 1.6.2 contains several changes to correct this issue.   Please DL them and see if the problem is still there.

Bob,

Got a question. Are your programs strickly to support the CC family of lights or will they work with common RGB strips, such as the ones sold at ali express by Ray?

The latest version 1.6.2 contains several changes to correct this issue.   Please DL them and see if the problem is still there.

Downloaded 1.62 and it looks the same as the version I already had. Emailed you a snap shot.

Thanks

Bob,

Got a question. Are your programs strickly to support the CC family of lights or will they work with common RGB strips, such as the ones sold at ali express by Ray?

Vegomatic and Marquee will do any kind of smart pixels, CCx or DMX.  The only thing different is the generated Visualizer prop file only works for CCx since that program is handicapped on large pixel count DMX.

Indi the picture you sent me has 1.5.0 as the version in the title bar.      I am still looking at possible settings which may help you.   Sorry I am unable to recreate your problem on my two PCs I am working with here. 

This is what I see.     Can you try to change the controller position to right and see how it looks on v1.6.2  

vego162.jpg