Light-O-Rama Forums

anyone in my area or close?

lorddeathbane

• 3 weeks later...

well i dont think i can show you how i set up my display, unless you want to take a trip north and east to Toledo Oh, Im gearing up for my 4th of July show now,

This is my second yr doing LOR and ill tell you the people here are great for advice.

Play with the demo

Read read and do some more reading

and start small dont over do it your first yr.

always remember " if you build it they will come" ( and they do )

if you need help you have come to the right place.

Welcome to the madness

Dennis S.

MackLights

Toledo Oh

The Mini MP3 director is very easy to use and works great!!

If you are going to turn on and off your display manually, You don't need to do anything more than use the "LOR MP3" tab in the "LOR Hardware" program to set up your show. There are more options you can do, but to set up a simple 1st time show just do the following:

1st put the SD card in a card reader attached to your computer.

Work through the "LOR MP3" screen by selecting "play anytime powered" and "loop continuously", click on the "ADD Sequence" button (which should give you a list of available sequences)  then pick your sequences (double click on the sequence, the audio file automatically comes in with it),  click on "CREATE SHOW" (which brings up another window) and check "lock step" (just because it's recommended), pick your card reader drive, and hit "Place Show on SD Card" button.

The computer will place the show on the SD card, put the card in the Mini MP3 Director, and when you power up the controller box, with the mini director connected, the show should start all by itself.

Last year I had 3 rooms in my Haunted House with all of the special effects totally run by separate mini directors and LOR controllers.

Don't wait for Christmas, do a small set up with a few channels and play with different settings and effects now!!!

• 1 month later...

I happy to announce that i am a proud owner of 48 channels and unlimited software and a mp3 director! Now if i can just figure it all out ill be good lol!