Light-O-Rama Forums

FM Transmitter

FarrOut

I dont' remember Dave.. but you can get it for about $75 now.. on sale  http://www.elecsky.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=80

Plasma

I want to thank you the link to the transmitter.  I found one on eBay that was an auction.  Wound up getting it for $58. $1.00 less than the cheaper version.  The buy-it-now prices are sitting at $90..00

Thanks again

Plasma

I want to thank you the link to the transmitter.  I found one on eBay that was an auction.  Wound up getting it for $58. $1.00 less than the cheaper version.  The buy-it-now prices are sitting at $90..00

Thanks again

My pleasure.  Let me know how you like it.  I program mine to turn on just prior to the show and off just after it is over.  I love that timer feature! 

Actually, your reference to the timer is what sold me one the transmitter.  I never put much thought into the fact the transmitter would be powered on all the time.  I was going to use a cheap indoor light timer if I couldn't get the eBay one at a reasonable price.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...

Challenge:

I just bought this model from Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FO4UHW/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I tested it this evening and was able to hear music over the stereo in the house, but when I went to get into the truck, I tried to tune the station and could not...Which makes me wonder if there is enough power, or if the house itself is the block. The house is Wood frame. Would I need to mount the transmitter outside somewhere to get signal to the front yard? I have a 2.5 acre ranch. I have also heard that one can extend the antenna? Whaddaya all know?

thanks

Kip

check to see if this unit can actually do 2 power levels (dual output)

To adjust the power level Here's all you need to do
unplug the power cord, then Push in and hold the power on button then plug in the power cord the LCD will read "L" by using the frequency up & down buttons you can switch to "H" then unplug the power cord, then plug
it back in and power on and now your broadcasting at the higher power, if that solves your problems, your good if not post and there are other things you can try

I had one of these type of transmitters and in the 100mw "L" range I can broadcast 3 blocks, and in the 500mw "H" I was able to broadcast a mile away

Edited by PMC

check to see if this unit can actually do 2 power levels (dual output)

To adjust the power level Here's all you need to do

unplug the power cord, then Push in and hold the power on button then plug in the power cord the LCD will read "L" by using the frequency up & down buttons you can switch to "H" then unplug the power cord, then plug

it back in and power on and now your broadcasting at the higher power, if that solves your problems, your good if not post and there are other things you can try

I had one of these type of transmitters and in the 100mw "L" range I can broadcast 3 blocks, and in the 500mw "H" I was able to broadcast a mile away

I had the same results as you, plus I had to set my pc output to 25% and the transmitter to 75% which gave me a nice clear transmission.

• The topic was locked