Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence saving problems.

Sheldon_15

Every time I save a seqeunce and reopen it it saves another file with the same name but with .lsv at the end

Like If I save a sequence called "Amazing_Grace"

It will save as "Amazing_Grace.lms"

And if I reopen it will save another file as

"Amazing_Grace.lms.lsv"

It does this with every seqeunce I reopen and it's rather annoying... Is there anyway to stop this?

Every time I save a seqeunce and reopen it it saves another file with the same name but with .lsv at the end

Like If I save a sequence called "Amazing_Grace"

It will save as "Amazing_Grace.lms"

And if I reopen it will save another file as

"Amazing_Grace.lms.lsv"

It does this with every seqeunce I reopen and it's rather annoying... Is there anyway to stop this?

Unfortunately the answer to that is no.  There is no way to stop the SE from creating those additional sequences.   I don't use the LSV files either and always just delete them along with all the other files created except for the .BAK files and .LMS files of course.  But the rest are unneccessary in my case.

I wish there was an option to NOT create them if the end user so wished, but currently there isn't a way to prevent the SE from creating them.

That lsv file might be annoying to you Orv, but for those of us who like not having to reset our preferences each and every time we re-open a sequence file, it's a feature that was long overdue.  I'm casting my ballot to vote you off the island on this one.  It only takes you three seconds to delete the lsv file if you see no benefit and have nothing better to do.

For people with low channel counts and smaller sequence file sizes, maybe the compressed file (lcs) doesn't mean much.  But to those of us with larger sequence files, it's the difference between the show player taking 10 seconds to load the standard sequence file or loading the compressed file almost instantaneously.  Peresonally, I've gotta cast my ballot to vote you off on this one too.  Like before, it takes you less time to delete the file than the length of time the yard sits dark while the show player loads the larger uncompressed file.

• Like 2

Unfortunately the answer to that is no.  There is no way to stop the SE from creating those additional sequences.   I don't use the LSV files either and always just delete them along with all the other files created except for the .BAK files and .LMS files of course.  But the rest are unneccessary in my case.

I wish there was an option to NOT create them if the end user so wished, but currently there isn't a way to prevent the SE from creating them.

How are you even seeing these files just open you sequences within the lor software you will not even see them.

Save your sequences in the sequence folder that the software gave you and open them in lor you will not even see them. Or if you do not like the files that have a purpose as you can see in the above link I posted. Just do not save your sequence there problem solved.

The way you talk if you do not open the file directly delete it.

Do you use your autoexec file if not delete it and see what happens. (note: I am making a point DO NOT DELETE YOUR AUTOEXEC)

Edited by TitusCarnathan

There are many of us out here to wanted the features the .LSV files offer.

I know of one person who had 30-45 second waits in-between songs (or longer) before the .LCS came into being. I know of others who had smaller, but noticeable pauses in-between songs.

One thing to remember, Orville, there are many people who use this software. Getting rid of a feature (or adding one in) that one person wants isn't the best us of LORs time. (At least in my opinion.)

I never said get rid of, just give an option to those that use DC-MP3 Showtime Directors {Gen1?} since the newer one I don't know if it will incorporate the compressed ,lsv files, but I have and use the original DC-MP3 Showtime Director and those files are useless to me in this respect,   So I don't require them and just think an option to not create them wouldn't be that difficult, nor would it take away from the LOR software or those that use them.

It is inconvient to have to delete the extra files if they are unwanted, especially on my laptop where the HD space is more at a premium, on my desktop it't not so bad and I usually leave them alone on it.  But the laptop is another issue and I'd just prefer to be able to have an option to NOT create lsv files on it, since the laptop is the one I do 98% of my sequencing on.

But I never said to get rid of it or take it away, just give the end user an option whether they want those particular files created or not.   Don't know how my OP could even be remotely construed as removing the creation of the .lsv files, nowhere did I even state that in my OP.

I know of one person who had 30-45 second waits in-between songs (or longer) before the .LCS came into being. I know of others who had smaller, but noticeable pauses in-between songs.

One thing to remember, Orville, there are many people who use this software. Getting rid of a feature (or adding one in) that one person wants isn't the best us of LORs time. (At least in my opinion.)

Didn't say get rid of it, just an option to create them or not.

As for the long delays between songs, I fixed that years ago by removing the silent durations at the beginning and end of my MP3 files, problem solved, and no long delays between my sequences using the DC-MP3 Showtime Director, but even using a computer for running the show, that still resolved the issue since I did play around and experiment using these edited down MP3 files by creating a computer based show.  No time lag between sequences in my case using this method and there were no compressed files when I started with LOR on Jan. 2010.   

So I always use some type of MP3/Music Editor to remove those extra silent durations at the beginning or end of a song, which can be anywhere from as little as 5 seconds up to over 1 minute in length.  I think the longest one I ever cut was 1 minute 13 seconds long of silence at the beginning and 1 minute 38 seconds from the end of an MP3.

So I will always remove those parts of an MP3 file, it works, and even if I used the compressed .lsv files, I'd still delete those silent parts of an MP3 file as they add extra time to the MP3, which creates the very thing you say folks were having issues with between sequences during a show.  Just my observations and opinion.