Light-O-Rama Forums

ShowTime Pro light controllers

David Spangler

What does it mean when the ad for the comericial controller says,"ShowTime Pro light controllers are smart enough to analyze the type of data network they are connected to and adapt to DMX-512 if needed." Does this have anything to do with the cosmic ribbon, or pixels?

What does it mean when the ad for the comericial controller says,"ShowTime Pro light controllers are smart enough to analyze the type of data network they are connected to and adapt to DMX-512 if needed." Does this have anything to do with the cosmic ribbon, or pixels?

The current model 1602W controllers can run in DMX mode if needed.

(And yes, CCD's can run in DMX mode as well.)

I bought my CCRs two years ago.. Does that mean they can not run on DMX? or is it a matter of firmware updating?

The current model 1602W controllers can run in DMX mode if needed.

(And yes, CCD's can run in DMX mode as well.)

I bought my CCRs two years ago.. Does that mean they can not run on DMX? or is it a matter of firmware updating?

The user manual I have is dated 10/19/2009. It mentions support of DMX support there.

And there should be some onboard memory in the CC device to upload an animation-only sequence to run as a stand-alone display, for those interested.

And there should be some onboard memory in the CC device to upload an animation-only sequence to run as a stand-alone display, for those interested.

Oooohhhhh.. never thought about that... Good idea to explore..

• 2 weeks later...

And if you have a 1/8" stereo jack You could get one from an old head set. You could use the Interactive inputs on the ccr. To start the stand alone sequence.

Edited by TitusCarnathan