Light-O-Rama Forums

How do I get rid of anamation?

orchidman

How do I get rid of anamation?

I am new and learning on the Demo 3.9.0 and have downloaded a sequence that contains anamation.

I am trying to get rid of the anamation and us the Visualizer. If I start from scratch, I can use my Visualizer just fine with a new sequence but I would like to use my Visualizer with the downloaded sequence instead of the anamation that it included. Even when I tie the downloaded sequence to my Visualizer, the anamation still runs.

I have not found the answer in playing with the program, Help, the Manual or searching here.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

The animation window and the Visualizer are two seperate programs (as you've no doubt figured out.)

Having data in the animation view won't affect the sequence in any way. The simplest solution is to just not have the animation view active. Then you won't see it, and will forget it's even there. However if you want to get rid of the data in the animation view, you will have to erase the data. Been a while since I've used the animation window, so I can't recall if there is an 'erase all' type command. I don't think there is, though. Thus you'd simply select the 'erase' option (on the left) and then start clicking in cells to erase. You could also right click on the animation boxes, which will erase the pixel/cell as well.

I think you could:

1) make a small 10 x 10 jpeg

2) set this as your animation background.

3) use erase on any remaining drawing

4) remove the background

5) save.

The animation window and the Visualizer are two seperate programs (as you've no doubt figured out.)

Having data in the animation view won't affect the sequence in any way. The simplest solution is to just not have the animation view active. Then you won't see it, and will forget it's even there. However if you want to get rid of the data in the animation view, you will have to erase the data. Been a while since I've used the animation window, so I can't recall if there is an 'erase all' type command. I don't think there is, though. Thus you'd simply select the 'erase' option (on the left) and then start clicking in cells to erase. You could also right click on the animation boxes, which will erase the pixel/cell as well.

I think you could:

1) make a small 10 x 10 jpeg

2) set this as your animation background.

3) use erase on any remaining drawing

4) remove the background

5) save.

Don, I thing you may have hit it on the head. "The simplest solution is to just not have the animation view active." As a programmer, I am always thinking about CPU cycles, etc and even if the animation view is active but hidden, it is still pulling cpu cycles and/or causing me to send the window to the background.

If I understand klb's post, I would still have the animation view active but small. Is this correct?

I think I was hoping that there would be a setup flag/switch for a sequence that I could flip and the sequence editor would ignore the animation view.

Learning fast, think I am about 10 feet from the start line in a marathon. ;) Thank you for the help.

I think as long as you have not brought up the animation window, and it does not show in the task bar, having the animation window configured only adds work to loading and saving the file.

And by experience with the XML file, changing the background removes all configuration outside the range of the new image.

I think as long as you have not brought up the animation window, and it does not show in the task bar, having the animation window configured only adds work to loading and saving the file.

And by experience with the XML file, changing the background removes all configuration outside the range of the new image.

klb I think I understand what you are saying. I hope to have a little time tonight and will try it. Thanks.

OK, the light has come on. daaaaaaa

What I was doing was clicking on the 'view anamation' button to start the sequence. For some reason, I was thinking that the start button would start the sequence without graphics (anamation or visualizer) and that the 'view anamation' button started the sequence with graphics.

What I was doing was starting exactly what I didn't want to start. daaaaa

I am now able to start the sequence and view the visualizer exactly as I want.

Appreciate the help from Don and klb as their comments did start me thinking more about what I was doing and the light started strobbing :D

There is a Clear all button in the animation window just select erase on the left side then click on clear all.