Light-O-Rama Forums

How to change RBG colors

mackdave

I have software version 3.9 with advanced licence. I have set up some RBG dmx channels and would like to know how to change the color. I can do it by changing the rbg intensity, like red at 50 and blue at 50. Can I choose a color from a pallet and paste it for the different effects and colors?

Look for the Color Fade Tool. You can use it to pick any color you wish.

If you wanted a solid purple, you would choose purple on both sides of the pop-up fade tool, then "fade" between the two (identical) colors.

I tryed the color fade and can get a solid color. But how can I fade up green from 0 to 100 over a 10sec period? Do I start out black on the color fade and go to green?

I tryed the color fade and can get a solid color. But how can I fade up green from 0 to 100 over a 10sec period? Do I start out black on the color fade and go to green?

Exactly.

Thanks, I am trying to add some Rainbow floods to my display next year. I just tryed it and that is just what I needed.

if you're new to the color fade tool too, some advice......when the window opens don't close it after you pick the color you wanted....I kept closing it, because I don't like piles of windows open. can't tell u how long that drove me nuts until I figured out it wasnt working because I was dumb. leave the window open.

If you scroll up to the top of this forum page, you will see "S3 Video Tutorials" You will find your answers and more there.

Mind if I float a personal opinion? One of the main reasons I think people complain that RGB displays don't look very Christmassy is all the easter egg colors folks get as they color fade. I think it is best to fade your Christmassy reds to black and then up to green rather that cross fading red-to-orange-to-yellow-to green. Or just flip from red to green. But who am I to judge, maybe you like the Easter egg look.

Don't forget about the

when doing color changes; make the color end at a certain point, then several seconds later, start another color sequence.

Click the

then click in the area in between them and it will do the color changes for you automatically.

Don't forget about the

when doing color changes; make the color end at a certain point, then several seconds later, start another color sequence.

Click the

then click in the area in between them and it will do the color changes for you automatically.

I'm new to RGB this year, and was just playing around in my visualizer, this little tip helps Ken, thank you

Just a reminder, did you convert the 3 primary colors into one RGB channel? I struggled with this problem for a bit......

+1 for the Easter Egg Look.

Yes I already set them up in a rgb channel. Thanks

• The topic was locked