Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I Save You Some Money?

Guest wbottomley

Thank you. But, I'm having some second thoughts about having one any longer. I've had two close friends & neighbors die during the season. Could have spent more time with them but I was tied up with the show. I'll have a few months to iron it out and see.

I lost my cousin last week and at his funeral his wife said "he loved your light show" and if he loved mine, he would have married yours :)

one thing to remember about zip ties, black ties are UV/Weather Resistant . and "most" white ties are NON-UV/Weather Resistant

Thank you. But, I'm having some second thoughts about having one any longer. I've had two close friends & neighbors die during the season. Could have spent more time with them but I was tied up with the show. I'll have a few months to iron it out and see.

Sorry for your loss.

There's no rule saying you have do do a show EVERY year.

I lost my father last April. I was knee deep into my Earth Day Show, and it took the wind right out of my sails.

Its OK to take some time for yourself!

tj

I just bought 1k of these somewhere else, and have used almost all of them fixing all of my bad strings. Thanks Will. I'll be making another bulk purchase, so that I have enough for next season.

Guest wbottomley

Sorry for your loss.

There's no rule saying you have do do a show EVERY year.

I lost my father last April. I was knee deep into my Earth Day Show, and it took the wind right out of my sails.

Its OK to take some time for yourself!

tj

I wish it was that simple. Doing a large light show where I have thousands coming to visit would be disappointed.

I wish it was that simple. Doing a large light show where I have thousands coming to visit would be disappointed.

If there is no you, there is no show. Taking care of yourself ultimately benefits everybody...

If they knew, I doubt even one of those thousands would want you to sacrifice your health or happiness.

tj

Has anyone tried the mono price ones? Looking to zip tie dumb strips to PVC, and it does get into the low 20's here in the winter.

Yes, I have bought thousands+ of the monoprice zip ties and never had any problems with any of them. And I bought various colors so that I could tie one or more on each channel on a controller and a matching one or more on the light/prop that is plugged into that channel. That way if anything got or came unplugged somehow, I knew which cord plugged back into which channel without having to look at my channel configuration printout or trace the cord back to the light/prop to know which channel it needed to go to. And the colored zip ties held up in the Florida sun, heat and rain with no breakage or problems whatsoever.

So I still use monoprice for the colored zip ties because they help me keep everything in the display connected to the correct channel and controller,

So yes, I've used the monoprice zip ties and would also recommend them.

• The topic was locked