Light-O-Rama Forums

Can I Save You Some Money?

Guest wbottomley

Boy have you ever saved me some money. We will be buying all of those zip ties we can get, ended up spending a small fortune on zip ties this year having to buy them from Ace Hardware.

Cheap zip ties can be like cheap pacemakers...

I had some that just shattered when they got cold.

tj

Wal Mart sells 100 10" GB brand for 3 bucks.

Cheap BUT good quality too!

tj

Cheap zip ties can be like cheap pacemakers...

I had some that just shattered when they got cold.

tj

Yep, had some of those. Broke as soon as they drew tight, out in the cold. Seemed OK in the summer , but broke in the wind later in the winter.

Watch some of those cheap walmart zip ties. I admit I shop there aloy but the last package of zip ties I bought atleast 1 or 2 out of 5 the tab would break off when tightened even in the summer.

At a penny each, I don't care if four out of five broke. Cheap is the word and I'm on that bus.

...So let me check my math...

You would spend 5 cents to get 1 good one, but I spend 3 cents each on good ones... Ruh? :huh:

tj

Edited by tjflory

a fancy 36' pickup and reach tool

Sweet! With that length I could decorate my house from my lawn chair with drink in hand. No more ladders for me!

;)

I get the 4" black ones at a local store in my area for $1.00 for 200. So I'm getting them for .01¢ per every 2. I've had some break or be bad out of the bunch, but out of the thousands I've bought, I've had less than 2% be bad or break when pulled too tight. And they have held up well in all Florida weather conditions too.

Just hope they get some more in as I bought them out this past Christmas season {actually prior to Halloween} since I use these for all sorts of things, not just typing up or down lights.

Guest wbottomley

BTW... I love your display(s) and web site. Very Very well done.

tj

Thank you. But, I'm having some second thoughts about having one any longer. I've had two close friends & neighbors die during the season. Could have spent more time with them but I was tied up with the show. I'll have a few months to iron it out and see.

Wbottomley, I am on the bus with you. I like HF, I buy my cableties, cables and numerous other items. They also honor their warranty when something doesn't work, no questioned asked. Thanks for the heads up of the upcoming sale.

oh... yes! a fancy 36' pickup and reach tool is just what the doctor ordered for all the little holiday gubbins I have laying all over the lawn. Hate picking it all up. =D

Drew

I use a lawn sweeper works great for picking all this up.