Light-O-Rama Forums

Shortage of lights!

timmy

Oh yes, the good old days - After Christmas 2007 I picked up 700 boxes of incans. for 50 - 75% off from Walmart

post-243-0-73292200-1357415512_thumb.jpg

700 boxes of incans

Wow!

My wife thought I had a problem in 2011 when I brought home 60 boxes of LEDs from HD on Black Friday.

Around here, Walmart was completely out of everything several days before Christmas. Menard's on the other hand had a ton of incan and LED's at 50% off, but mostly short string (70 ct). We usually pick up the 210 ct. strings as they're cheaper vs. 3 of the 70 ct strings. That said, we got about 2000 total before and after Christmas this year.

Thanks for the info on the group buys going on now. I'm going to try and talk the wife into not divorcing me when I pay $14 a strand. She wants to only get clearance lights. I guess those days are over.

2012 was my first year doing LOR, but I've been buying lights after Christmas for years (though only 2 or 3 boxes at a time until now). I agree that the days of huge supplies of lights at 50-75% off after Xmas are fading fast. But at least around my neck of the woods, you can still pick things up. I only found one store with incans...I picked up the last 75 boxes of multicolor 100 count lights at $.65/box. The rest of the stores only had C9 LEDs and a box or two of other odds and ends. Since I'm doing everything on a tight budget, I take whatever I can get and find a way to use it. So I've purchased about 150-200 boxes of C9 LEDs, mostly multi-color, all at 75% off. I'll figure out something for them...