Light-O-Rama Forums

Shortage of lights!

timmy

I know several of you on here only use the BETTER quality lights from the online dealers. I hope to one day be able to use those, but as for now we still purchase all of our lights from the big box stores. I was just wondering if others around the states were having issues finding lights available this year after Christmas? We always start shopping the day after Christmas and buy the lights we hope to use for the following year. This year it seems as if ALL of the retailers shipped thousands less of the lights as to not have to sell them at a discount. We were lucky to get about 12,000 lights to add for next year. I was just curious how other states were looking with the after Christmas sales.

Most of the shelves at the stores where I shop were barren before Christmas. They seem to only be ordering the amount of lights that they know they will sell - this has been going on for the past couple of years here.

Lights become sparse at least the second week in December around my neck of the woods, so I never bother to shop for lights after Christmas. When they start to hit the shelves in October, I know if there is something special I'm looking for, I have to get it then, because I won't get it later..... Especially in multiples

I just got back from a Walmart near me and picked up about 5000 LED multi color C5 lights at 75% off. This will add to the 5500 blue LED lights I got at the same Walmart on 1/2/13 for 50% off. Not sure why this store had so many lights I went to 5 other Walmarts in my area and they did not have a single light left a few days after Christmas

wow, i traveled over 300 miles checking walmarts from Del Rio to San Antiono looking for lights and only picked up about 3500 the day after christmas.

Florida is horrible for this, my Lowes was out of LED's 9 days before xmas...Wal Mart had a few before, but nothing the day after at 8 AM...3 years this way, I won't even look anymore, CDI or HLE sales for this gringo

I believe I too am in agreement. I used to rack up with thousands of lights from multiple stores at even the 75% off sales. I am going to try and sneak some green LEDs in this year from one of the group buys if possible. I am wanting to convert my mini trees over to LED to match the rest of my display, but I have not found a single strand of green LED this year in my area. Anyone know about what time frame the group buys happen? I will keep my eyes peeled to the forums and hope I don't miss them. Thanks for all of the responses. I guess it is unanimous, except in Iowa that the big box stores have become the Grinch. God bless everyone. I hope all are having a great new year so far. Time to start disassembling the display and putting it away.

I believe I too am in agreement. I used to rack up with thousands of lights from multiple stores at even the 75% off sales. I am going to try and sneak some green LEDs in this year from one of the group buys if possible. I am wanting to convert my mini trees over to LED to match the rest of my display, but I have not found a single strand of green LED this year in my area. Anyone know about what time frame the group buys happen? I will keep my eyes peeled to the forums and hope I don't miss them. Thanks for all of the responses. I guess it is unanimous, except in Iowa that the big box stores have become the Grinch. God bless everyone. I hope all are having a great new year so far. Time to start disassembling the display and putting it away.

Did you try sears.com? They had 50ct green LED (from GE) for 9.99 the other day. Not a super bargin but better than full price.

The shelves were empty for incan here mid december and all the LED's left are a set of this or that no quantity anywhere

Did you try sears.com? They had 50ct green LED (from GE) for 9.99 the other day. Not a super bargin but better than full price.

Well HLE has 50ct green LED for only 7.80 so i guess sears is not the bargain i thought it was.

I guess I am heading there now. I went to Sears and they had the spool of 200 for $35. I think that is near the price Lowe's charged full price for the spools of 200. Although they did not have green. Thanks for the suggestions.

Sears is never the bargain it thinks it is! You have to watch inventories of your favorite lights and watch for sales starting after Thanksgiving and decide when to buy. At first only buy what you really need, when the prices drop or inventory is dropping then it's time to buy. If anything is left after Christmas then it's a bonus. Even bigger bonus if it's still there on New Years.

Duckman, you should have gotten 75% off on 1/2/13. I got 75% 1/1/13 @ 1am, wasn't in the system yet, but they did it. Take your receipt in and try to get a price adjustment.

• Like 1

. Anyone know about what time frame the group buys happen? I will keep my eyes peeled to the forums and hope I don't miss them.

CDI's group buy is going on now.

Target was the only store in the North Chicago area that had lights after Christmas. I was able to get 6k lights for 75% off. The rest of the usual stores I hit,(Home depot, Lowes, Menards, Walgreens) had basically nothing.