Light-O-Rama Forums

Pixel mega?

Aaron Maue

I used 3" abs plastic for the base and pole. I have 60 smart rgb nodes in the coro star on top.

I attached my 20 x 120 flex strips to 1/2" emt pipe. I drove a 3" oak dowel into each end of the emt. On the bottom i screwed eye bolts. On the top i screwed in eye hooks.

One nice thing is that i can remove any segment in just 15-30 seconds if i need to do any repairs.

I recorded two videos describing the tree.

This week we had 50 mph winds and the tree didnt move at all. We will see if i get higher winds. For now, i am happy it all came out.

i like the fact that i can easily (less than 30 seconds) remove any segment from the tree if i have to repair any bad pixels.

Here are links to two videos

I used 3" abs plastic for the base and pole. I have 60 smart rgb nodes in the coro star on top.

I attached my 20 x 120 flex strips to 1/2" emt pipe. I drove a 3" oak dowel into each end of the emt. On the bottom i screwed eye bolts. On the top i screwed in eye hooks.

One nice thing is that i can remove any segment in just 15-30 seconds if i need to do any repairs.

This week we had 50 mph winds and the tree didnt move at all. We will see if i get higher winds. For now, i am happy it all came out.

i like the fact that i can easily (less than 30 seconds) remove any segment from the tree if i have to repair any bad pixels.

What Pixel Controller are you using?

What Pixel Controller are you using?

For my show i have

Lynx Etherdongle E1.31 $80

(3) 16 port hubs, 4096 channels each or 12288 total channels. $90 each hub

flex strips for the megatree http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/4m-waterproof-LED-digital-strip-by-tube-DC12V-input-without-controller-10pcs-TM1809IC-m-30pcs-5050/701799_425556741.html

The eaves, arches, stars were http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/128-node-LED-pixel-string-DC12V-input-new-model-IP68-TM1804IC/701799_495658226.html?_componentAcceptorEnabled_=false

I could have also used the p12r or the E682.

I liked that i had no power injection anyplace.

thanks

Great Videos Sean.. You posted the video's in the topic of someone doing your effects. Can you tell me if he used strings or strips for his tree. I like the look of both of them and wife has given me the go ahead. I think bhayes will be talking to him about his tree.

Jeff

nhays could you stop in and gather some information and maybe some pictures as I want to see base design and top design. This will provide me a way to keep them in a line. He did a great job with this tree setup.

Jeff

The mans name is Keith and he is in the "do it yourself Christmas forum" under the name "lonewolf41"

Information on this tree construction can be found here

http://diylightanimation.com/index.php?topic=10792.msg143806

Sean,

I don't know if I've overlooked a link, but do you have any videos of your tree in action??

Thanks,'

Dave

• The topic was locked