Light-O-Rama Forums

Cutting blocks of time

craigecooper

I'm certain this is easy but I can't find it. In sequence editor, I need to line up a sequence with the audio and rather than insert more silence in the mp3, it would be better to delete all channel columns in the 1 sec to 2 1/2 sec timeframe. How is this done?

Not 100% sure what you are trying to do.

There is an Edit -> Skew Track option which would move the entire track.

Now if you need to remove from 1sec to 2.5sec, then you would have to manually move the events. This would be nothing more than a cut and paste. Cut everything from 2.5s to the end, and paste it at 1s.

It would be nice if you could chop out a section of time inside a track - for example, I play video files, and I'd prefer to use one enormous five track video instead of five separate tracks. This way I could blend the audio better, and the deafening silence between tracks would be avoided. Also, between videos there is always a small window that pops up for a few seconds - this would be nice to avoid also. So getting back to the point, if I had two tracks and I needed to skew just a portion, that would be great.

basically the sequence has 2 seconds more silence than the audio track. I'm just trying to figure out how to delete those 2 seconds from the sequence so it will line up with the audio

Although I am not positive, I am thinking that the sequence will stop and the next sequence will load/begin once the audio file reaches the end regardless of any sequence time remaining.