Light-O-Rama Forums

Walmart - A BIG Zero for after Christmas

bob_moody

Got 12 boxes of green LED 70 count for $7.50 to replace my incans on our mini trees. got some CW 50 count for $3.44 a box for our boat and sail, a led frog for our pond scene, 2 boxes pink for some trees around the pond, 4 boxes cool white for around the pond and 4 boxes green for around the pond.- all 70 counts for $7.50. We also ordered some new blue Led net lights for our pond.

Went by Walmart today no lights, but i did pick up 6ft trees for $10 each, thankfully i stocked up on incans over the last 2 years because the stores are carrying very limited amounts, most sold out in a couple of weeks. I remember going into walmart on the 26th last year and there 100s where reduced to 50c each..

I went to the closest 6 Walmart's to my house the day after Christmas. I also hit a couple of big lots, Kmarts and Home Depots. It was hit or miss. Some stores didn't have a single box of lights. Others had whole rows. Here is my haul:

15661_264386520357623_1934902681_n.jpg

On the evening of the 26th, I had a friend that needed a ride to Richmond. I took him and the next morning (27th), I hit the 4 Walmarts and 2 big lots in Richmond and several more Walmarts on the the way home. Same story. Some stores look like Cindy Lu's house after the Grinch had visited. Others looked like Macy's the day after Thanksgiving.

There was still some stuff that I'd like, but only after it is at 75%. Any idea when Sears or Walmarts will go to 75% off this year?

I just took a chance and stopped at a local Walmart and Target today . Got a case of M5 LEDs at Walmart at 50% off. Then went over to Target and got a bunch of cords at 70% off. I got 6',9' and 15' inside cords and 8' &22' exterior cords. I really liked the 22 ft exterior cords at $2.98. I felt real bad leaving 15 of them behind.

I miss seeing all the pictures of loads of lights people were able to snag at the after Christmas Sales like eubani posted!

Steve

Stores here in London, Ontario, Canada had limited availability of LED lights especially green. BUT i did luck out at Loews and got an LED keeper PRO for $ 12.00

Walmart in my aera (Edmonton Aberta Canada) Had a few!

Oner store I bought all the reds and whites and the other 3 dozen blues and they still had a lot left.

No green so I may have to by them on line.

IMG_2512_zpsb080e949.jpg

Check out walgreens and rite aids in your area. On new years eve i found some lights and accessories at those stores. I got 16 nine foot cords for $2.50 each.and 36 packs of 100 multi color non LEDs for $2.24.

• The topic was locked