Light-O-Rama Forums

New to LED lights

frycztech

I have always used non led lights but i wanted to start to get some. I saw a display that used color changing led lights that are controllable. Dose anyone know what these are? they where in a bunch of tress outside and they changed color and twinkled. Any idea?

If they are the GE LightShow {don't recall actual name}strands, Lowes and Home Depot sell them, there is a way to modify them to work with LOR, but it also takes some additional Hardware to interface them to the LOR Controllers.

Someone else will have to point you to the threads that detail this info, but know you'll need a SansDevice E682 pixel driver{? not sure if that's the correct name} and other items to make the conversion and use/work with LOR.

If they are the GE LightShow {don't recall actual name}strands, Lowes and Home Depot sell them, there is a way to modify them to work with LOR, but it also takes some additional Hardware to interface them to the LOR Controllers.

Someone else will have to point you to the threads that detail this info, but know you'll need a SansDevice E682 pixel driver{? not sure if that's the correct name} and other items to make the conversion and use/work with LOR.

SO what you're saying is, you really have no clue and can't answer his question?

• Like 1

SO what you're saying is, you really have no clue and can't answer his question?

You're absolutely amazing - how you cut to the chase so effortlessly...

Check out LOR's Cosmic Color Pixels/Cosmic Color Bulbs. They do exactly what you describe.

There are other options as well, but LOR's are the most seamless to use for an LOR user.

And I made it simple enough to where even you could understand it.

Thank you for condescending down to my level.

So tell me - have you found a cure for those hairy palms yet?

I went to Home Depot and Lowes and they did not have the GE lightshow strands. I also asked them about a Sansdevice controller and they did not know what I was talking about.

Orville,

What should I do now?

Thank you in advance.

• Like 2

I went to Home Depot and Lowes and they did not have the GE lightshow strands. I also asked them about a Sansdevice controller and they did not know what I was talking about.

I went to HD to get a Sandevice. At first they were confused, but I was insistent. So they first sent me to lawn & garden to get the sand, and then to tools to get the vise.

• Like 2

I went to HD to get a Sandevice. At first they were confused, but I was insistent. So they first sent me to lawn & garden to get the sand, and then to tools to get the vise.

Good to know.

Still unclear as to how these items control lights.

Feel free to rip me unmercifully.

I am not that bright.