Light-O-Rama Forums

DMX console software supporting E1-31

Gary Levelius

Does anyone have any clues on a cheap (or even free) simple DMX console software that could be used to test DMX pixels (running on en E682) without having to program them in LOR? Did a quick search on Yahoo but found nothing but high dollar stuff. Any help would be appreciated!

-Gary-

And take a look at this thread William started. If you have your E1.31 device on your home network, this app can directly control it via WiFi. It's just too cool to pass up.

Jeff

This app works great. One tip is you have to shutdown any LOR programs holding up the channels. You can rest individual pixles or entire univereses.

Jeff, I knew if anyone would know the answer, you would since you've become Mr Bleeding Edge around here! And this coming from a guy who swore he would never use LED's in his Christmas display :lol:

Thanks for you suggestions! I will check them out!

-Gary-

• 2 weeks later...

try sacnview.sourceforge.net/

this software can view all of the E.1.31 channels and has a fader page to send levels

KEN

• Like 1

Ken, What is sacnview supposed to do? I am attempting to watch the going on of my show and it never sees any activity. Any help at making it work?

• Like 1

sACNView will capture the DMX output from your E1.31 adapter. I just used it to compare the output of frames for LOR, xLights and HLS.

For testing DMX devices I find xLights to work best.

I got it to work (for monitoring only right now as my show is running). Had to add an exception in Windows Firewall. I will play with it as a control tomorrow or Sunday before I take down my pixel tree.

Ken, What is sacnview supposed to do? I am attempting to watch the going on of my show and it never sees any activity. Any help at making it work?

if you are displaying the grid select the universe to "watch"hit the "play' button and in the top area it will show what is generating the Sacn and in the grid will show values for all 512 channels in real time.

the "fader" the page also has a universe select and a "play" button to start it working

KEN