Light-O-Rama Forums

Hardware Utility / SD Card Status

George Cotton

I just used the v3.9.0 Hardware Utility to update my show to an SD Card. I miss the writing to SD Card status bar showing that it's actually doing something. Please bring it back.

Edited by George Cotton

I just used the v3.9.0 Hardware Utility to update my show to an SD Card. I miss the writing to SD Card status bar showing that it's actually doing something. Please bring it back.

I don't think it was taken out. I'll have a look though since I did most of the work in there.

Another user has verified that the status bar is gone. I'll have a look in the morning and get it fixed for a future (next) release. Sorry, I don't know at this time when that will be.

Thanks so much Mike for checking into this. It was nice to know the status of the write, especially on large numbers of files.

Just a wishlist comment for HU.

Over the years, I have learned how to make sure my songs are in the right sequence when loading to the SD Cards. They all start with a number (000-999) so I can insert/delete songs at the appropriate spot and have the sequences and music easy to manage.

I've noticed that in order for a group "add seq" to be listed properly, I have to click on the highest numbered (last) song and then shift-click on the lowest number (first) song in order for them to by listed as desired. If I click the first, shift-click on the last, the order is fine except the last song is always listed at the top of the list. I then have to either repeat "move down" to put it at the bottom or delete it and add it again, then it will be at the bottom. I stumbled on this last-first by accident to keep things in order years ago and it's still true with v3.9.0

Also, bulk "remove seq" (ability to click first and shift-click last) or a "remove all seq" button would be nice as well. Usually I exit HU and restart it in order to create a new show sequence that otherwise would have the same play format as the one I just finished or click "remove seq" many times to delete all elements so new ones can be added for the same days/times/ect for a different show each night when otherwise everything else is unchanged.

Edited by George Cotton

I've noticed that in order for a group "add seq" to be listed properly, I have to click on the highest numbered (last) song and then shift-click on the lowest number (first) song in order for them to by listed as desired. If I click the first, shift-click on the last, the order is fine except the last song is always listed at the top of the list. I then have to either repeat "move down" to put it at the bottom or delete it and add it again, then it will be at the bottom. I stumbled on this last-first by accident to keep things in order years ago and it's still true with v3.9.0

That's a function of the way Windows passes us the file names, and I hate it too. It happens to me all the time in other programs, and have to do what you do: Reverse click :(

I'm going to be in there today looking at the status bar problem. I'll also look at adding a 'Remove All' button while I am in there.

• 2 weeks later...

A long with the 'Remove All' button what about the ability to load a whole set of sequences instead of just one at a time to a show. Or be able to save your shows then reload back into HU without having to go through adding all the sequences each time you start the HU.