Light-O-Rama Forums

False Triggers. Filter?

RevMen

Hey Plasma,  your circuit is real close to what I use (6.4 k Ohm resistors though) , BUT to get rid of "Buzz" (might affect the local AM radio, in the kitchen). you could use a "bandpass filter" (much like a speaker crossover), Choke and Cap, kinda thing.

This would be in series with the load, instead of parallel. 

Greg Manning

Hey Greg,

I guess I did not clarify.. my suggestion was for the DC trigger input to stop the false triggering.. Not the AC output for filtering.. Sorry for the confusion..  

Steven is right about one thing, the relay is most likely the sure cure, but not knowing the exact PCB design, I would caution on sending voltage out of the controller from one of the headers.. Unless of course that is the same output used on the terminal strip.  USUALLY, for the output trigger voltages on controllers.. (at least how we designed them in the past) is that you have proper protection of the internal voltage source at the terminal strip in case of incidental grounding, accidental connection to other voltages, and also to prevent noise from being impinged back to the regulated voltage of the controller.  Using a relay with a completely different voltage source would be best.

Don't pull relay power from the controller, but instead use something safe, like a 9 volt battery; Should last weeks driving that small of a relay.

• The topic was locked