Light-O-Rama Forums

Is superspeed usable on DC controllers?

k6ccc

With 500Kb/s LOR networking (AKA Superspeed) being released with version 3.9.0, I note the following in the release message:

• New CCB/CCP firmware: Version 1.15
  • New CCR firmware: Version 1.10
  • New CTB32LG3/LOR160xWG3 firmware: Version 1.08
  • New CTB16PCG3 firmware: Version 1.05
  • New G3-MP3-Director Firmware: Version 5.22

I note that there is no mention of new firmware for CMB16D DC controllers, ServoDog controllers, DIO controllers, or the older 8 channel AC controllers - and there is no firmware on the firmware downloads page. Can I assume that means that means that you can't use superspeed on a LOR network with any of these controller types?

Now granted that it's RGB pixels that is driving the desire for higher network speed and most people who are doing much with CCR/CCB/CCPs are going to be running multiple networks anyway so having a superspeed network for the pixels and a separate slower network for everything else is not difficult to implement.

I was about to say that I was looking forward to running a superspeed network for my 3 channels in use on a CTB16PC controller, but it looks like that does not support it either...

I noticed that as well when upgrading the firmware last night on everything. All were updated except the 1.3.0 on the DC controllers. I also was wondering if this new firmware and com adjustment will allow for more than the suggested 900 channels on a network? What is recommended now? Let the testing commence?