Light-O-Rama Forums

Automation Error / Unspecified Error Message

Cram72

Hi Everyone,

First post for me, but I've been trolling here for over a month since I got the LOR software.

Currently my show is running on a laptop (this is the pc from which I created my sequences - it uses Win 7)

I've been searching to see if anyone has had a similar problem like mine, but I failed to located anything that helps.

My issue has to do with another PC which I loaded the LOR software to this past weekend. This PC is running XP and is the one I originally wanted run my shows off of, but I had some internet connecting issues and wasted 2 weeks trying to figure out that issue to no resolve before I decided to do the "offline registration". (Meanwhile I was using my lap to create my sequences)

Anyway since registering the software, I always get a window that says "LViz Initialization Error - Automation Error / Unspecified Error" when I open the Sequence Editor. I click okay and the Sequence Editor opens fine.

I transferred all the LOR files from my laptop to the XP PC and everything looks the same as on my laptop, but the Visualizer won't play the lights to my sequences. The track plays in Seq Editor but no lights are shown. I've triple checked all the preference settings on my laptop and they match the ones on my XP PC. Yes even the "control visualizer".

Also. The version I installed on the XP PC was 3.7 from the disc I received. I registered that software and then decided to load 3.8 (which was a downloaded version that I had put on my laptop weeks earlier - again that is working perrfect) That was when I discovered I had to re-register the software, so I did. And that was when I noticed the trouble. For the life of me I can't recall if I had gotten the error message before that. I want to say I did right from the beginning.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

C Ram