Light-O-Rama Forums

Sequence Editor will not allow a 'New music sequence'

woodspirit

When I start the Seq. Editor and try to start a New Music Sequence, the audio file selection window opens, I select a music file (.WAV), click open and the preferences window opens. After I set my preferences and click ok, I get an error msg. (see attached). I am running Windows XP with a 16 Channel Kit - Deluxe CTB16KDWHS controller. Are there any common reasons for this error? Do I need some additional hardware to be able to create music sequences?

Attached files 138971=8285-LOR Error-MS.jpg

Happened to me one on a lap top... I had to reboot and the error went away.

Also, make sure there is no other program running that might tie up the sound card.

Reboot didn't help, I still get the same error when trying to start a new music sequence. There doesn't seem to be any other programs running that would tie up the sound card.

Can you show us a screen shot of the preferences window that pops up? (that is not normal)

What version of Windows and what version of Windows Media Player do you have installed on your PC?

Thanks
Dan

Edit: Also what version of Light-O-Rama do you have on the machine?

The PC is running Windows XP Home ver. 5.1 and Media Player version is 8.00.00.4477. The screen shot of the preferences window is attached.

Thanks,

Tim

Attached files 138979=8286-New-MS-Error.jpg

I believe you may have to upgrade Windows Media Player. I think Dan has said it must be version 9 or higher. I think the latest one on Microsoft's site is 11.

I upgraded Windows Media Player to Ver. 10 and it looks like that was indeed the problem. Things seem to be working now.

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I guess and can try my hand at my first LOR Sequence.

woodspirit

Guest wbottomley

woodspirit wrote:

I upgraded Windows Media Player to Ver. 10 and it looks like that was indeed the problem. Things seem to be working now.

Thanks everyone for your help. Now I guess and can try my hand at my first LOR Sequence.

woodspirit
Version 11 is better than 10. Well that's what I think.;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

have you tried converting to MP3.

There is a free program on LOR support page under musical sequences.

I had bad luck at first trying to use wavs.

I think it works better if they are mp3 formatted at 128kbps

Neil

What type of music file are you trying to open? It could be that your default settings are not allowing you to open up the music file. I had this problem in 1.6.3 for vista until Dan got me lined out.

• 4 weeks later...

I have wmp 11, and I have closed all apparent programs that would be using the sound card. I am running windows xp home edition.

I do have an SB Audigy MB sound card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

logan_moore wrote:

I have wmp 11, and I have closed all apparent programs that would be using the sound card. I am running windows xp home edition.

I do have an SB Audigy MB sound card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Logan,

Sorry if I'm being dense, but are you seeing the same problem as the original post in this thread?

Any recent changes that might have caused this? (Assuming you've had LOR working on that machine before?)

-Tim

logan_moore wrote:

Tim,

Yes same problem and none that I can recall other than upgrading to 1.6.1

Only thing I can think of is try re-installing WMP. Maybe something got hosed somewhere...

Sounds like that error message means that LOR can't get WMP to do it's thing...

-Tim

logan_moore wrote:

I have tried that but I guess I will try it again.

Yuck.

Perhaps uninstall both LOR and WMP first, then reinstall?

Does your old version of LOR still work?

-Tim