Light-O-Rama Forums

Cant control controller

aemnky

When i search for my controllers all come up but controller 6 has this next to it " 09 - BootLoader-CMB16" and when I try to update firmware I get this message "Load failed and in the activity box it said Invalid datablock poll response"

So are you having a problem with only one controller? Your last post suggest you may be seeing other strange behavior. Please clarify/confirm.

Definitely work with the problematic controller by itself, using the HU.

A reset would be the first thing to consider, but also,depending on your skill level, if that doesn't work, next option would be to open the controller and inspect the controller board, especially to ensure the processor chip, and other socketed chips (comm chip) are seated properly in their sockets. .

I second Gary's suggestion. Work with the trouble controller by its self (comm cable from USB adapter to only this one board, no others on the cable). Any other hidden problems? Telling as much as possible up front will help us help you. I would not have suggested the controller reset if I had known you have 4 but 7 showing up. BTW what are the addresses and what names do they have?

Do you have a cable tester? Have you tripped on a comm cable and sort of pulled a connector loose from a board? Are you sure all of your cables are patch and not cross over? I made a cable this past year with a socket on the end. I miss read the label and made it into a crossover. I was finding all kinds of controllers each time I refreshed. I have 12 units, but found either 13, 17, 19 or 25. Think that I was reading something along the lines of Unknown Unit, or something like that. I almost replaced all of the cables in the yard, but got a tester and just started from the computer and worked my way out. My problem was just a few feet short of 1st controller. But it was not showing up until the 4th down the line and was not effecting the last 2. But all between were having problems when running the show. In a crossover cable, you loose the D.C. signal from point A to point B. That causes noise on the line and weird stuff to happen.

Edited by Max-Paul

"A bad pic in the controllers"...meaning..a bad pic in one? Or several?

I can't recall the last time I heard of someone actually have a bad pic.

Corrupt firmware that was fixed by reloading, yes.

Bad comm chip which made communicating with the controller very erratic, yes.

Various controller config issues that contributed to all kinds of strange symptoms, yes.

If you would answer the questions that we've asked, we can certainly try to assist, but that is completely up to you.

I would definitely T/S just the problem controller and it's associated CAT 5 cable thru the HU. Also try a differen tknown good CAT5 cable. Need to be using a feed thru ...not a crossover.

Then the trouble ticket.

I took a pic out of another working controler and it came to life. so I think it is the pic.

So are you having a problem with only one controller? Your last post suggest you may be seeing other strange behavior. Please clarify/confirm.

No 3 controllers are not working.

Definitely work with the problematic controller by itself, using the HU.

If I plug then in one at a time i get the mesage " 09 - BootLoader-CMB16" " 04 - BootLoader-CMB16" " 06 - BootLoader-CMB16"

A reset would be the first thing to consider,

If i pull the jumper out for the rest the led goes out and dose not flash fast, It will flash fas with the jumper install, I powered it down in between removing and installing the jumper

but also,depending on your skill level, if that doesn't work, next option would be to open the controller and inspect the controller board, especially to ensure the processor chip, and other socketed chips (comm chip) are seated properly in their sockets.

I did replace the comm chip in all three with new ones from LOR.

I took a pic out of another working controler and it came to life. so I think it is the pic.

And the other 2 controllers are working now too?

If you read my statement, you'd see I mentioned possible corrupted firmware. The firmware is on the PIC.

So looking at your comment and the response you got: 09 - BootLoader-CMB16, it leads me to ask, again, what model controllers do you have?

Based on your not bothering to give basic info to allow others to assist you, then TJ's advice is the best advice: a trouble ticket to LOR. They'll be glad to help you sort it out.

Sorry guys I have been on the road for work. Most of the work is been done useing remote conect form my phone, and my wife at home. So I'm going to set down tonight and start from the top and get y'all all the info I can. Thank you for working with me, and sorry for the delay of info.