Light-O-Rama Forums

Unable to locat LOR Port

cyendrey

I was had finished all my physical connection and checked the lights function with my normal setup (Easy linker to controller) and everything was working fine. I brought in the SD chip from the MP3 module, updated all the sequences over the course of the evening (adding new channels on mega tree), and loaded SD chip. I decided to go back to LOR Hardware and function the lights again, but could not connect. When I ran the auto configure, it now cannot find the LOR port even though it was working fine earlier in the evening. The ELL icon is running in the HU, and I can see the Serial adaptor in Windows & - it says it has no problems. I d/l' the latest driver to be sure, but no change.

Any ideas?

A few things come to mind, hopefully one will help you. I get a lot of those msgs myself and sometimes I'm not sure why. Sometimes all I have to do is unplug the usb and put it in again. Are you plugging it in to the same usb port? That does matter, but auto configure will look in other ports for it. Another thing I'd try is closing HU and reopening it with the dongle plugged in. HU will tell you if it can't find the dongle when you open it. If you have Sequence Editor open and it is using the port (control lights is checked on) HU will not be able to access it. So closing SE might fix your port issue, if it doesn't, try rebooting HU.

Hopefully this helps you! Keep us posted so we can help you get your display up and running!