Light-O-Rama Forums

News truck was here...

TheUltimate

A big difference is, this wasn't about Christmas lights. It was about supporting Toys for Tots and the local food shelf. The story was a local family helping to collect donations to help the needy in the community through lights. Actually kinda cool. I understand your position though pikadroo

Nothing new here. Most people think this is the only reason we do light displays. Unfortinatly, it is the only reason why some people do it and it paints the wrong picture of the rest of us.

Personally I don't like to be on the news. If they want to video the display great but not me. I do my display so people can enjoy it. I get a kick out of watching kids face light up and smile. Funny watching a van full of kids jamming out to the music and lights. Thats why I do it. FOR THEM.

... I know people have talked about directing traffic. I haven't seen many posts on ideas for directing traffic just that people do it. Any advice there?

Yes, either turn off your lights or make your show short enough to keep traffic moving. I do love to see the line of cars down the street and the joy it gives people, but not at the cost of being a good neighbor. This shouldn't be about inflated egos, and remember you have to live next to your neighbors 365 days a year.

Edited by Liberty-Laser

• 2 weeks later...

I stopped by tonight to see your show. It was great but I see what you mean about traffic. It was hard to get turned around to see your display properly. I really liked the way you did your trees. Between the two places your FM signal was much better

Rob

SparkChaser. Thanks for stopping by. I'm thinking next year I need to rotate things more so you don't have to be right out front for the best view.

• The topic was locked