Light-O-Rama Forums

News truck was here...

TheUltimate

Well, the local news truck was here but it looked like they were here for the neighbors display. No one came to the door and we didn't see anything on the news.

I think he has 112 channels to my mere 48 and probably twice as many lights. He's been doing it for years now. This is my first.

Actually wasn't on the news last night and they never really talked to anyone. They drove up, parked, raised up the ginormous antenna satellite thingy and about 15 minutes later lowered it back down and left. Who knows. I actually fear having too much traffic so it's not really a bad thing.

I would but he's across the street in a culdesac (sp) so you can't really see both at the same time.

Yep, they were here for his display. They were doing a site test because they are broadcasting live from his house on Wednesday.

Well, the local news truck was here but it looked like they were here for the neighbors display. No one came to the door and we didn't see anything on the news.

No wonder your wife wants more lights. She likes the neighbor's better. Could spell trouble if she feels you are inadequate. :P

Should I get a lawyer now or wait?

Or buy so many lights that she can't afford a lawyer.

(and why are you wasting time on the forums...you only have until Wednesday to add at least another 64 channels in order to save your marriage! You better get sequencing.)

Was talking with a neighbor that is a bit concerned about traffic as the snow piles up, I know people have talked about directing traffic. I haven't seen many posts on ideas for directing traffic just that people do it. Any advice there?

Edited by TheUltimate

Guest Don Gillespie

carry a flashlight and wear a reflective vest, you need to be seen so they don't run you over, I carry a flashlight that way if they speed past I can throw the flashlight at them, (don't do this unless you are skilled in martial arts, or have a large gun under your coat) this is a joke for the more serious people on the forum, just keep traffic organized and don't let people cut in front of others always be smiling and be prepared for the odd jerk

They did the 5 and 6 news. My kids got to be on the news but it was more about Toys for Tots and collecting food donations which we don't do.

A big difference is, this wasn't about Christmas lights. It was about supporting Toys for Tots and the local food shelf. The story was a local family helping to collect donations to help the needy in the community through lights. Actually kinda cool. I understand your position though pikadroo