Light-O-Rama Forums

2007 Build for Halloween

NWSanta

Evan,

First off I have to say this is awesome... Congrats to you and your wife. I am very new to LOR and just got my first 16 channel controller. If your ok with it I would live to copy this idea.

I was able to down load the sequences from your website. The one question I have is how do I know what version song to download. When I goto Itunes and search on a tiltle it responds with many version. Don't I need the exact one so the timing is the same.

Looking forward to your response and thanks in advance for any help.

Steve - I have been bitten by the bug!!!!!!!!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• NWSanta

• smjosephrn

• MattCole

• NINtender

NWSanta, Thank you very much for sharing that sequence. I am going to add it to my 16 channels I already have running for lights on my house and tombstones and bushes. It is very nicely done and will be a great addition to my display. I am taking this year off because of other engagments for Halloween but planing a bigger display for 2009.

ultrasp99, If you need the song I can zip it and send it to you. Just PM you email.

If anyone is looking for these pumpkins you can find them at Garden Ridge if you have one in your city of close by. They currently have them for 25% off and have various sizes and faces. They already have a light in them with a plug. Looks like a C7 but I am sure you could put a C9 in it. They are made of a durable plastic Styrofoam type material so very weather resistant.

ultrasp99 wrote:

Evan,

First off I have to say this is awesome... Congrats to you and your wife. I am very new to LOR and just got my first 16 channel controller. If your ok with it I would live to copy this idea.

I was able to down load the sequences from your website. The one question I have is how do I know what version song to download. When I goto Itunes and search on a tiltle it responds with many version. Don't I need the exact one so the timing is the same.

A suggestion on getting music...

Itunes often has DRM encoded format. You will have to strip the DRM encoding (not complicated, just another step). Try Amazon for the music downloads. DRM free and usually a little cheaper.

Excellent - Thanks for the feedback.

Don't I need the exact song ( Artist, album, etc...) to ensure the timing is right? How do I know which one to download if I am presented with multiple choices of artists etc...

I think I need that info from the person who created the sequences, correct?????

Thanks again for all your help.

Steve

iresq wrote:

ultrasp99 wrote:
Evan,

A suggestion on getting music...

Itunes often has DRM encoded format. You will have to strip the DRM encoding (not complicated, just another step). Try Amazon for the music downloads. DRM free and usually a little cheaper.

OR just send me a PM... :)

• 8 months later...