IDMX shipping?

k9smith

LightORamaDan

k9smith wrote:

Any word if the idmx will ship in August?

Due to some production issues (mostly my fault, no one else to blame on this one!) it will not ship until mid September.

Dan

LightORamaDan

We will try and get some general instructions out on how to do sequences with DMX.

• 3 weeks later...

Did I miss something? I was under the imression that the DMX controller was to be used in conjuction with LOR2. Is that not the case?

~K

LightORamaDan

scottsgrfx wrote:

Yes, the idmx is to be used in conjunction with LOR2.

This is correct However, the iDMX1000 will work with LOR I on a limited basis. You can get 16 channels out of it just like you do with any other LOR controller. To get more channels you need LOR II.

Dan

I'm still waiting for mine... No word yet...

I guess my new DMX lights will have to pass on the test run on Halloween and just go live on christmas (hopefully)

LightORamaJohn

The iDMX-1000s are being shipped as of today.

Davidt wrote:

LightORamaJohn wrote:
The iDMX-1000s are being shipped as of today.

Yay, thanks John.

I will also said Yay, for update thanks John.

G'day Jeff,

That's great news. Still anxiously waiting for mine to arrive. I've mapped all of my DMX channels into the LOR sequence editor and started synching the LOR DMX channels, but think I'll have to wait until the interface arrives before I can program up my pan / tilt spots.

In using the interface have you found any noticeable delays from when something is meant to occur from the sequence editor to when it really occurs on your DMX fixtures?

Also do you find yourself using the DMX console in the HWU much or just play around with the values in the sequence editor?

Cheers,

davidt - Australia

Jeff Trykoski

Hi David,

I am using the DMX equipment to control multiple Snowmasters T-1500 snow machines for one of my commercial projects (http://www.snowmasters.com/downloads/T-1500%20Specs%20Flyer4.pdf)

Regarding a delay - there is a delay but it is due to the spin-up time of the main blower as well as the priming of the pump. However, the command is received instantaneously.

I have used the HW utility and sequence editor - no issues.

Jeff

Jeff Trykoski wrote:

Regarding a delay - there is a delay but it is due to the spin-up time of the main blower as well as the priming of the pump. However, the command is received instantaneously.

Thanks Jeff. I've had an Antari S100 II DMX snow machine for several years so used to the spin up time. That's great news about no delays for the interface. Having gotten used to the very fast / responsive switching of LOR I was a bit concerned about possible delays interfacing to another mode (DMX512), but it sounds like I don't need to be worried.

Cheers,

davidt

Jeff,

How is the ease of programming or controlling your DMX devices through LOR? To give a channel a value, do you have to set the intensity first? How do you give a value of 254 in LOR I? Thx!

Wayne

Download Chauvet Showexpress. Last time I used it, it had both dmx and intensity setting when you moved the faders. The other option would be to do a math problem by cross multipying x/100 with 254/256, solving for X which will be your intensity level.

Will Sanders

LightORamaJohn

Will Sanders wrote:

Download Chauvet Showexpress. Last time I used it, it had both dmx and intensity setting when you moved the faders. The other option would be to do a math problem by cross multipying x/100 with 254/256, solving for X which will be your intensity level.

Will Sanders
In the back of the iDMX-1000 manual and in the new Hardware Utility's console, you can find the mapping of an LOR intensity to a DMX intensity.