Light-O-Rama Forums

2007 CTB16D Blue Board Problem with hot channel #7

Brett Lee

Replaced Triac for #7, I assummed second from the bottom left side on heat sink. Test failed stayed on after replacement.

Neophyte with DMM and soldering but not terrible. No over laps looks like a clean joint. Thought I could have over heated the Triac or just over my head.

Came back the next morning to replace it but powered up that 1 - 8 side and no LED. LED is functional with just that power supply hot. Checked continuity for power supply , switch and fuse all seemed fine. Granted a lot of movement with the board half out of box could have breached other connections.

Thought of having a local tech start testing up stream and down on the board or should I send in to LOR. I don't need the box right away adding a new display to existing running right now. But would be nice to have it functioning.

Anything to mention to the local tech here but is that just asking for more headaches?

Thanks

Brett

If you don't need it, you might as well send it to us.

We know our products and can fix them fast. If it can't be fixed, we can ship you out new under warranty. If it's out of warranty, we can offer a discount on a new one.

Open a trouble ticket. We'll run some basic troubleshooting then issue an RMA.

• 11 months later...

I am having the same problem with the exact same board/controller/version/channel. I replaced the triac that I traced on the board from wire #7 to the triac located at Q1. (Second one from the top left of the board)

I am assuming this unit is so old it it not a warranty fix that I can just send in to LOR? Or am I mistaken? Is there another component I should look at?