Light-O-Rama Forums

Modify Intensity

gspence

Is there a way to apply an intensity modification to an entire selection? I'd like to do something like drop it by 50%. So fades and everything should scale down with it.

Is something like this possible? I have new RGB lights and they are way brighter than my incandescent bulbs. I've figured out new max brightnesses for each color and I want to apply the change to the entire song at once without having to modify each timing event.

Being able to modify all intensity levels on a percentage basis including fades, shimmers, twinkles etc is a feature I would love to see included. At present it does not exist, but you can use foreground effects to change all cells where there is any current entry to the effect defined by the current tool. While this is very useful for many situations, it does not solve your problem as say fades are simply comverted to the new intensity over the entire length of the fade.

A proportional or multiplier tool would be really great.

Thanks for pointing out the foreground effects, that actually worked very well. I just had to go back and fix the fades which I could do pretty easily using the Fill command.

Is there a way to apply the foreground effects for the current tool to an existing selection? It worked when I dragged the selection across with the mouse, but if I hit the home key, held shift and then hit end to select the entire track, it didn't apply the effects that way. I remember reading about the differences between mouse selection and keyboard selection but it was a couple years ago.

Thanks for pointing out the foreground effects, that actually worked very well. I just had to go back and fix the fades which I could do pretty easily using the Fill command.

Is there a way to apply the foreground effects for the current tool to an existing selection? It worked when I dragged the selection across with the mouse, but if I hit the home key, held shift and then hit end to select the entire track, it didn't apply the effects that way. I remember reading about the differences between mouse selection and keyboard selection but it was a couple years ago.

I don't know the answer to that one - I tend to use the mouse most of the time.

Have you tried selecting some cells in all the rows you want to modify then right click select rows and add it?

Or Crete a separate sequence with the effect copy paste it to your sequence.

I honestly have not tried the foreground effect but just trying other things for a solution.

Edited by vvolf27