Light-O-Rama Forums

Controller problem

Michaelt

Good evening,

So I setup my LOR system today, two CTB0B controllers, 01 and 02, no adjustments from the last couple seasons, and I'm having an issue.

I read through a similar thread and I'm having a similar problem of channels 9-16 (second CTB0B controller 02) working but channels 1-8 (first CTB0B controller 01) are not? I just hooked it back up today, didn't do any changes (that I'm aware of), but when I started the show to test, 1/2 of the lights are out, and it's channels 1-8. My main cable from the PC is going to the first controller (1-8) and then a cable goes from the first controller to the second (9-16).

When I did a Refresh on the HWU, it says "found 1 unit"...02-CTB08 v 1.0.

So, what can/do I do get get the system to find unit 01 again? Please help!

Michael

Well, today I have replaced the cat 5 cable to both the first controller, and the daisy cat 5 from controller 01 to controller 02, still no resolution.

Also switched the fuses on each unit, no change.

Don't know what else to do, hopefully someone can offer some suggestions.

michael

Remove the cat 5 cable to #2. You might also do a controller reset first. Once you have done this, load only the Hardware Utility and do a refresh and see if any controllers show up. Be sure that no other LOR software is loaded at this time. Did you find a controller and was it #1? Leave the HWU running and check the LED on the board. Is it solid or blinking or even lit?

Thanks Max-haven't done a reset yet (not sure I know how to), but I did do this just now.

I unhooked both units....then put cat 5 into controller one, went to HWU and ran refresh, and it finds nothing.

the unit has a solid red light.

Ok, I have NO IDEA what happened, but I took everything back to the original setup, and it works! I guess I wasn't holding my tongue right!

Thanks to all who made suggestions!

mt

I can see what KLB is saying about the comm chip. Its receiving the watch dog signal but will not talk back to the HWU. A solid LED is an indication that the board is receiving the Watch Dog Signal.

But in that case the Lights should work when the lights are working on second controller. BTW if the lights work on 9-16, this is not a problem. Read your first post to see what I am saying. I dont have a 8 channel unit myself, so can not tell you how to reset this board. But I will say again, do a board reset. You would be surprised how many computer controlled machines I have fix by just doing a reboot, (aka reset). Stop fighting it and just do a reset. Only takes a few minutes and could solve all of your problems in just a few minutes.