Light-O-Rama Forums

Bad controller?

drivemewilder

Well after a week of running with no problems, last night my timer failed to turn off and left all my CCR's powered during the night. I didn't realize this until this morning when i left for work and 1 of the strips was flashing. I turned off all power and turned back on and sure enough, one of my controllers is acting funny. I held the "reset" button and the most i was able to get was a faint red blinking light. When i run a sequence, all CCR's work except this one. The ribbon just slowly flashes. Is there another fix or is the controller done for?

Did the controller get wet by any chance? I had a problem last night that the bottom pixel was on all the time only on 1 of my ribbons ( I realized the "storage" box for all the controllers and power cords had gotten wet and literally the control board inside the silver box had ice all over it. I was able to take it out of the silver housing and dry the control board itself off- I took a hairdryer and on a very low "cool" setting I dried off the board. I let it air dry as well for about an hour then put it all back together and back into the mix. Knock on wood- it's worked ever since so... you may try and check the control boxes themselves for any type of water damage-- or you may need to send it back.

Hopefully you got it working! :)

• The topic was locked