Light-O-Rama Forums

Running USB 485 and USB 485B together?

Bob Densic

For all the more experienced guys out there...

Thought I would have the show up and running tonight but no luck.

After diagnosing cables and controllers, it looks like I have three controllers with one bad RG485 jack.... so I can input to those three but not output to the next one in line.

I was using the USB 485B converter - does anyone know if I can break out my old USB 485 single port and run both that and the dua port USB 485B off one computer?

If so - anything special for setup? I tried plugging them both in together but only the 485B was recognized.

Thanks all.

Bob

Odd that the older USB wasn't recognized. I'd be quite surprised if it was a driver issue preventing you from seeing the 2nd USB.

That said, if you get the older USB to be recognized, you will be entering the world of multiple LOR networks. The second USB adapter is going to be on a different com port, and thus have a different network designation within the software.

More recent versions of LOR software have a LOR Network Configuration tool that you can use to set the networks. If you don't have this program, you would need to set the networks within the Sequence Editor. (Edit -> Preferences -> Network Preferences.)