Light-O-Rama Forums

dmx channels mis-firing

mmkooiman67

Hello All,

Before I start I want to say thanks in advance for all the help I am about to receive. 7th year with LOR, 1st year LOR with DMX. I have 30 of those 3-channel DMX controllers. 15 for the trim of the house and windows and 15 for coro stars I bought from David. My problem is 13 of the stars work perfectly but two, which are in the middle of the bunch, are in sync with the other 15 which are doing something different. I replaced the controllers with new ones, I checked the channel config and no overlaps or shared channels,replaced the cat5 cables and connectors, checked the programs and everything is as it should be. I am using an Enntec open so there is no channel +1 problem. I am at a loss. Any ideas?

Mark

You sure your channel assignments in sequencer are correct? If you have double checked the hardware, the wiring is good to the controllers. Id take a look in sequence editor to make sure the channel assignments and univerese are what they should be.

Three things I would do. Export the channel config. Open it with Excel and sort it by network, channel# and then channel name. Delete all other columns. From this you can visualy see the DMX channel #'s and if you messed somting up. I converted from the LOR protocol to DMX this year and I know how easy it is to mess up channel configurations.

The next question I have are you using a musical or animated sequence. I had an issue that I spent close to 10 hours trying to troubleshoot and it came down to the fact that I could not play animated sequences as they would work and then sporadically go nuts and then go back to normal. Musical sequences with animation have been rock solid however.

Is your network terminated and are you using any poor quality cat5 Y's or couplers?

Good luck. Just some of the things I ran into this year.

Channel assignments are right on. Already exported into excel and everything seemed to be good. And yes, line is terminated. Think I might try re-assigning the two controllers with a new address,hopefully that works. Thanks for the replies.

• The topic was locked