Light-O-Rama Forums

AHHH Damn windstorm!

wrohdejr

So i attached two 8 ft pvc pipes to my roof line and then attached my ccr to the pvc. Well last night mother nature decided to throw some wind at us up to 45 mph at times. This morning i go outside and one of the pvc pipes is dangling from the roof. First thing i did was run a quick show to see if the ccr was still working and it was. So i get out the lader and i put the pipe and ribbon back up on the roof line. Then i run another show to make sure it was working and wouldn't you know it damn ccr stopped working where the pinch from where it was dangling! So i bust out the credit card to purchase another ribbon with 2nd day air so i keep the show running. Bright side i now have a ribbon i can either shorten by one pixel or i can play around and make a ccr star by cutting it up.

it looks like it pinched where it was zipped tied to the pvc on the cut marks. I will take it down and put up the new one and then play around with the damage one to see if i can fix it.

its its at the ends of the pixel you can likely save it, if it was pinched in the middle where there are many small traces that pixel is no longer reliable even if it does relight. Cut it out, solder and use it elsewhere.

• The topic was locked