Light-O-Rama Forums

Upset with Light O Rama

mendo15

Today, I received my package of what was supposed to be two CTB16PC controller kits without enclosures. I was really worrying about when this would come in as I live in Oregon (and I ordered ground shipping)and because people are planning on me starting my show Saturday. Well anyway, as soon as I got home from work, I looked at the packaging to make sure the package wasn't beat up on. Checked out good that is until I opened it up.

I ended up opening a package that contained only 1 CTB16PC Kit. BUT 4 supply cordsets, 32 output dangles. I am missing 1 box of the controller board kit. I was very angry. I immediately grabbed my cell and called LOR to leave at least a voicemail since they are closed but they do not accept voicemails.

I mean, where did my other kit go?? The package wasn't tampered with, what gives!

It also said the package weighed 11 pounds. Does that sound about right?

I read my order form to make sure I ordered correctly and it says I ordered 2 kits. So everything on my part is correct.

I am just wondering if anything like this has happened to anybody and what your thoughts are about this. Are they going to pay for shipping my package back if they need it or pay for shipping for sending me the missing kit? Will they help me receive my kit in time for my show?? I am calling LOR tomorrow morning and figuring out what happened. I will update you guys tomorrow letting you know how this issue gets resolved.

I am just disappointed. :(

Martin

Edited by mendo15

Shipping this time of year is bruttle on them. They do a great job and deserve a little slack. We all expect perfection, but the reality is humans are involved. Give them a call and they will do everthing in the power to correct the problem.

Just let them know. As wbottomly said, file a ticket.

Errors happen to all of us. This is their busiest time of year and it isn't out of the realm of possibility that a shipping clerk made a mistake.

Ordering vital components for a 2012 show this late in the year should be done with some expectations that things may not go smoothly. Yes it is very disappointing, but our suppliers are extremely busy right now.

They will take care of it, they have always came through for me. I'll be hopeing and praying it all works out for you!

ditto....they have always been quick to respond when I put in a trouble ticket and always go above and beyond to make it right. They have some the best customer service I've ever experienced.

WOW planning on running a show on Sat and not having controllers is asking for problems!

LOR will fix it if it is their mistake.

Good luck with the show you are going to need it!

• Like 1

Hmmm...... I thought I posted earlier in this thread. Must not have pressed the button.

it's very hard to get a hold of us this time of year by phone. Instead, trouble tickets allow us to efficiently track customer issues and get them resolved as fast as possible.

As others have said, please open a trouble ticket, and in your case include your order number - it begins yhst-.

If you have already opened a ticket, PM me the ticket number and I'll see how it is progressing.

Okay guys, talked to LOR this morning and everything went great! They sent it out for me today and did pay for shipping so I could get it in time!

You guys were totally right! Yesterday I was just upset but you are right, we are humans and do make mistakes. I did not even think about that or that they would be busy around this time.

So to finish this up, all I got to say is the people at LOR do care about their customers and are willing to help in any way they possibly can. They have excellent customer service! By far, the very best!!! They treated me very nice as if I were their favorite customer.

Thanks everyone especially the people at LOR. You guys are the BEST!! :)

Glad to hear that it was worked out!

And here is another voice telling that LOR does a great job taking care of their customers.