Light-O-Rama Forums

Trouble with Showtime director (MP3 Player) Not Playing at all

Todd Himmelberg

I have been running a 1602 MP3 system for several years now adding controllers each year. Having trouble this year with songs playing. Changed all my sequences this year. Bought some from Light-O-Rama and some from Wowlights and modified them. When I loaded the SD card the first time everything worked fine. As we were finishing up the job we realized only three of the six songs were playing. I took the card out and checked it out. All the files were loaded on it. I erased everything and did it again. Same results. Just hooked up the laptop and everything worked fine. The next day i tried again and nothing would play at all. So I have it running on the laptop now and everything works fine. Is my MP3 plaver going bad? Software Problems? Please Help! S2 v2.3.8 Advanced

Okay! I changed back to the original firmware (3.2 I think). I got my same 3 songs out of 6 to work again. So now I have to figure out why the other 3 songs don't work. Downloaded from the same place. Changed the same things in the sequences. Any Ideas?

Is it just skipping the other 3 songs or is there silence and no lights? Is it always the same 3 songs? Is the audio for all 6 songs MP3? Are all 6 audio files 128 fixed bit rate?

Its just skipping over the songs. 6 musical animations total with 1 minute all lights on in between songs. It just skips over the 3 songs and keeps cycling through the 3 songs. I am baffled.

So the wrong bit rate will completly screw up that song from playing in the showtime director?

It may or may not. Would eliminate the possibility by converting them (and only to MP3s for the directors to work properly).