Light-O-Rama Forums

DC Card

Denny

I got this idea while working on my sequences tonight. I don't really plan to explore it this year, but I thought those who were looking at ways to cut strings of minis might want to experiment with this.

Seems to me that since the new DC card can accept different DC voltages, it would be possible to cut strings of minis into shorter lengths and by applying the appropriate DC voltage to the new controller, shorter strings of minis could be made from the longer strings. Of course, one would have to add the additional wiring to the strings to complete the light circuits after the strings were cut. This may not be a cost effective method if you are only looking for one or two shorter strings, but if you needed several short strings for a display or wire frame, etc., it might be effective. Just a thought for those who have been looking for a way to make shorter strings.

• 1 month later...

I don't know what you have but all my long strings are series-parrallel. The bulbs are connected in strings of 8 or 10 and each string is connected across a common pair of wires that carry the voltage.

You can cut them up but the only way to reduce the voltage is to cut up each string and rejoin them to the common wire.