Light-O-Rama Forums

LOR motion detector

Ponddude

So I am thinking about using LOR for Halloween this year. My questions is can you use the LOR Motion Detector on the CTB16PC. I read the .pdf about the motion detector, but there was nothing listed about using it with that board. I did read however, that the board needs to be in stand alone mode. Does that mean that if I used my computer to control the lights and it is on the LOR network that it won't work?

Greg

LOR 1 = Must be stand alone.

LOR 2 = I want to say that you will be able to run a musical sequence. I don't know if I'm dreaming, or if Dan posted it once.

My money is on no, since hte CTB16PC can't run standalone. (It's late .. it can't do standalone, right?)

You could use a motion detector to activate a director's card to turn on and play a song.

Depending on your motion detectors setting, it may turn off during a song. If you only have one song, it will repeat - if you have several songs, the trigger of the motion detector may turn off during subsequent songs. So, you can set your Motion detector to turn on, play a song or two, then follow it will a sequence where nothing happens until the motion detector resets itself.

The director's card can control as many units as you want, provided they are linked together.

Dale W wrote:

You could use a motion detector to activate a director's card to turn on and play a song.

Dale, I'm intrigued. I use the DC-MP3 card attached to one controller as a "Show Director" (see my post)

Are you saying that using the trigger input of that controller will activate the DC-MP3 to play? It (the DC-MP3) is powered from the controller.

Martin

grandad wrote:

Dale, I'm intrigued. I use the DC-MP3 card attached to one controller as a "Show Director" (see my post)

Are you saying that using the trigger input of that controller will activate the DC-MP3 to play? It (the DC-MP3) is powered from the controller.

Martin

With LORII ... this is rumored to be possible.

Don wrote:

grandad wrote:

Martin

With LORII ... this is rumored to be possible.

Oh Don, you throw out such alluring morsels :?..........I don't know how much more us lesser mortals can stand ;)

Hopefully, someone at Plus 2007 will provide us a detailed update on the capabilities of LOR II as seen during Dan's demonstration.

Denny wrote:

Hopefully, someone at Plus 2007 will provide us a detailed update on the capabilities of LOR II as seen during Dan's demonstration.

Has anyone heard from Dan? I haven't seen a post from him on either here or PC. I know he said he was having some troubles with the computers and stuff. I hope he got everything back together and is on his way to PLUS.

Greg

Ponddude wrote:

Denny wrote:

Has anyone heard from Dan? I haven't seen a post from him on either here or PC. I know he said he was having some troubles with the computers and stuff. I hope he got everything back together and is on his way to PLUS.

Greg

We made it to PLUS:) I need a new PC soon!

grandad wrote:

Dale W wrote:

Martin
I have the MP3 card as a separate attachment from the show director.

In order to use a motion detector, you would:

You run a separate power supply to the MP3 card (to turn it on/off).

Configure your switch such that when it turns on, (after the motion detector is set off), you energize your MP3 card, to turn it on and off.

I did not do this last year. I used a timer to control my MP3 card player and got the idea for the motion detector then. I am still toying with the idea for Halloween.

Dale W wrote:

I have the MP3 card as a separate attachment from the show director.

In order to use a motion detector, you would:

You run a separate power supply to the MP3 card (to turn it on/off).

Configure your switch such that when it turns on, (after the motion detector is set off), you energize your MP3 card, to turn it on and off.

I did not do this last year. I used a timer to control my MP3 card player and got the idea for the motion detector then. I am still toying with the idea for Halloween.

OK Dale, I see now. Not what I was hoping to hear obviously :? Thanks for the feedback.