Light-O-Rama Forums

Live video feed thread...

JeffF

Well I am trying ot get my video running but am having trouble with the sound feed.

I am using Camstreams streaming video software and their "service" to push the video to my web page ( www.longlakelights.com ) but I can't get the sound to work on the page.

I see on my computer that is sending the video out that the sound intensity level under the video picture in the camstreams viewer window is ramping along with the music so it "appears" to be trying to transmit. Just can't get any sound on the web side.

I have tried several different bite rate settings in Camstream and have installed the Microsoft media encoder 9 recommended by camstream as well. Trouble with the encoder is that it does not appear to "see my camera which is a D-Link DCS-5300G IP camera that is on my home network and can be seen by the D-Link software on any computer on my network.

I am trying different bite rates with the encoder still but no joy on that as well as experimenting with the camstream bit rate settings with no luck.

Makes it kind of hard to watch the ligthts with no music :angry: you know?

Anyone have any suggestions I would be happy to try.

I did try Ustream, JustinTV, webcamXP, PKsoftware, all to no avail. The camstream software is the best running one so far just no sound. Sure would like to get this running before I have to shut the show off after the 1st. :rolleyes:

TIA and Happy Holidays to all.

Bill

Guest wbottomley

Well I am trying ot get my video running but am having trouble with the sound feed.

I am using Camstreams streaming video software and their "service" to push the video to my web page ( www.longlakelights.com ) but I can't get the sound to work on the page.

I see on my computer that is sending the video out that the sound intensity level under the video picture in the camstreams viewer window is ramping along with the music so it "appears" to be trying to transmit. Just can't get any sound on the web side.

I have tried several different bite rate settings in Camstream and have installed the Microsoft media encoder 9 recommended by camstream as well. Trouble with the encoder is that it does not appear to "see my camera which is a D-Link DCS-5300G IP camera that is on my home network and can be seen by the D-Link software on any computer on my network.

I am trying different bite rates with the encoder still but no joy on that as well as experimenting with the camstream bit rate settings with no luck.

Makes it kind of hard to watch the ligthts with no music :angry: you know?

Anyone have any suggestions I would be happy to try.

I did try Ustream, JustinTV, webcamXP, PKsoftware, all to no avail. The camstream software is the best running one so far just no sound. Sure would like to get this running before I have to shut the show off after the 1st. :rolleyes:

TIA and Happy Holidays to all.

Bill

Bill, I got your email. Sorry the reply has been slow, my plate has been running over.

It sounds like an issue with your sound card and the software accessing it. I would make sure all of the volume controls are set properly.

Shot in the dark here... check to make sure your recording devices in Windows aren't muted. I had a similar "issue" this year when I tried broadcasting on uStream.

I was attempting on using this software this year http://www.nchsoftware.com/broadcam/index.html in order to elimate the adds ustream uses. It will also put the entire stream under my control. It basically turns your computer into a streaming server. The stream is fine if you have 1 or 2 people watching but once you go over that most internet speeds will not suffice. Tested it on DSL, Cable, and Fios. DSL and Cable were ok with only 2 streams going out. FIOS was best hopefully can get that for next year!

If i remember corectly you can configure an IP camera to work. While I haven't tried it I remember reading about it.

• 3 years later...

Very good, but please try to avoid thread negro in the future.

I will send a PM tomorrow asking a few things that I want to know.

Oh my god!

That was autocorrect and I was tired.

It meant to say necromacy

Edited by EmmienLightFan

IR is for night vision. Your display should light it up. Anyway the IR would be flashing on and off as your display gets brighter and dimmer.

Maybe a goPro waterproofed with HDMI out into an HD capture card. Or a really good CCTV camera.

I use $15-$20 *used* USB HD cameras off eBay and then USB extender cables to get them where I want.

That way when my awesome camera weatherproofing fails I'm not out much.

BTW, my awesome weatherproofing? A 2 liter bottle cut down the middle with one end chopped off and some duct tape. :)

• The topic was locked