Light-O-Rama Forums

Live video feed thread...

JeffF

Feel free to list your live feed links here. I know I'm probably in the minority but sometimes while my show is running I like to see other people's shows too. :)

Here's ours...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/mainelights-org---christmas-lights

Should pretty much be 24/7 now except when I'm tinkering... which will probably happen today since I'm still tweaking the audio. ;)

-Jeff

Here is my link. Normally I have a multicamera setup running but it will be down for a few days. Need to do a few repairs. Right now I only have one camera angle active.

http://mysite.verizon.net/gslodysko

Greg,

your video seems to stay more live and up with the sequence speed than others (speed of streaming I guess or cameras or processor?)

Anyway, enjoyed all the streaming. I want to do this hopefully next year.

Santas Helper

I have my streamin speed set at just under what my network will allow, something like 756 mb, don't remember exactly since I set this up last year and simply used the same encoder. The only downfall is the rest of my network is slower than the old dial up, sending email takes forever and forget about anything like netflix. Drives my wife nuts for the month but it is worth it. Next year hopefully will be much faster since they are stringer fiber down my street as I type this. Asked them to put a node in front of the house. That would be awesome if they could do it.

Glad you enjoyed it, hopefully I can have the other five camera operational by this weekend.

Anybody else encode in H.264? If so, what settings do you use for when the lights are on? I can't seem to get it to work good. During the day it looks great... even now with it snowing out. But once the lights come on it's like my computer can't keep up with the encoding... even on really, really lax settings. I know I had a better picture last year but can't figure out what settings I used or those settings aren't working for me this year... I dunno.

BTW, I'm supposed to be getting some repeatered USB cables in this week so I can get a better angle of our lights... I can't wait. Actually... I can't wait 'til I get rid of this cold I have first!!! ;)

PMC,

Nice camera enclosure where did you get that fixture. I may need to steal your idea after all the problems I am having this wear with moisture!!

that enclosure is from an old motion sensored spotlight, I just gutted the wire, got some duct putty, a cheap mini CCTV camera, and a cheap polorized lens

I figured if anybody steals it, I'm out about $50

I got the multicamera feed back up, it still needs a little work (two cameras still not looking good) but it is there if anyone is interested in checking it out.

The link is posted above.